English Regulator Clock, 1890, in 6.0.92

Started by Speedster, May 18, 2015, 02:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;;

Been focusing on UI and other issues.  See my comments at https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=10515.0.

I did the movement in SolidWorks back in 2009, but never fleshed it out to completion.  I first rendered it in KeyShot 2, I believe, and the last image below shows that rendering as used on the cover of ASME's Mechanical Engineering Magazine, and illustrating an article on my work in Industrial Archeology. It was really hot stuff back then!  It's astounding how far KeyShot has come in just a few short years!

The movement is just roughed in, with only basic materials, curvatures and minimal textures applied.  I'm looking forward to figuring out Material Graph so I can hopefully capture that wonderful subtle patina that brass takes on over time.  However, the wheels and plates were always highly polished and wipe-lacquered, especially on this high grade clock, which helped repel dust and grime.

Lighting 100% from two imported spheres as IES 85 degree lights.

I painted up the clock in its own .bip, and then dropped it into my existing "Augustus LeRoy's Parlor" scene. That's my SteamPunk non-de-plum...

Bill G

Josh3D

Great shot and great detail Bill! I think you'll love the Material Graph once you get into it. Some of the edges could use a small radius is the only thing that stands out to me.

Thanks for the UI feedback as well.