KeyShot 6 Beta Renderings

Started by Esben Oxholm, June 27, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

Thats just stunning Esben! nice stool (design) too  :)

thanks (to everyone) for sharing your graphs - they are a really helpful learning tool for me.

E

blender974

Angelo

really nice! how is rhino on the mac, more stable?

Robb63

Wow! That is one of the best "3D renderings" I've ever seen. You mention Marvelous Designer, was that used to create the material backdrop? That material is what sells it in my opinion, it's so not 3D. Wonderful job

Adam_M

It's been awhile since I've been on, and I must say... That stool is remarkable. Fantastic work Esben!

Despot

Lovely stuff Esben... very clean and realistic render, cracking work I must say...

I'm surprised at the deceptively simple HDR...  :)

J

Esben Oxholm

Thanks all for your positive comments. Much appreciated. Glad you like it!

Quote from: Angelo on July 17, 2015, 01:57:31 AM
really nice! how is rhino on the mac, more stable?
It's works just fine here. No crashes whatsoever while creating this chair... never had problems on windows either though :)

Quote from: Robb63 on July 17, 2015, 04:32:56 AM
You mention Marvelous Designer, was that used to create the material backdrop?
Yes. I created a big box in rhino, exported it to Marvelous Designer (they have a free 15 day trail, go check it out), created a sheet of 4000mm X 4000mm, placed it mid air and ran the simulation to make the sheet wrap around the box in one end and land on the ground in the other. Here I dragged a bit in the sheet to make the wrinkles. Although a bit laggy, it happens real time. Then I exported the final sheet shape to the KeyShot Scene.

Quote from: The Metal Master on July 17, 2015, 07:34:07 AM
I'm surprised at the deceptively simple HDR...  :)
Yup, me too actually. Keep it simple as they say. I guess it's because the fact that there really is no big cohesive surface that needs to be enhanced, like e.g. in an automotive rendering.

markw

Fabulous.
Is it possible to share the material for the grey locker paint and floor under the tablets?
This work is amazing.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: markw on July 21, 2015, 03:00:36 AM
Fabulous.
Is it possible to share the material for the grey locker paint and floor under the tablets?
This work is amazing.

Thanks a lot. Sure, about the sharing. I'll do it within a few days. Keep in mind they are for KS6.

Esben Oxholm

New project.
Modeling and rendering of the Triwa Falken watch.

I used the new real time region rendering a lot for this. It speeds up my workflow a lot. I love it :)
Also, roughness mapping and the material graph in general makes it a lot more fun to work with the materials.

Thanks for watching.
Best regards.

P.S. Check out the project on my behance portfolio as well: https://www.behance.net/gallery/28151991/Triwa-Falken-Visualization

TpwUK

That's a really lovely matt finish that it's almost as if it's a fashion statement for the trendy special forces guys out there. Awesome with a big A Esben.

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Again, gorgeous design and excellent renders. I wonder, your grounds always has this great spec effect. Any chance of getting a basic breakdown for this? Base material/spec map/roughness?

Despot

Really like the full view Esben... the texture work on the ground is spot on

Love the muted tones also, well done.

J

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on July 23, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
Quote from: markw on July 21, 2015, 03:00:36 AM
Fabulous.
This work is amazing.

Thanks a lot. Sure, about the sharing. I'll do it within a few days. Keep in mind they are for KS6.

... aaand they are up. They are called 'Counter Top' and 'Locker Paint'.

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on July 23, 2015, 11:24:14 PM
Again, gorgeous design and excellent renders. I wonder, your grounds always has this great spec effect. Any chance of getting a basic breakdown for this? Base material/spec map/roughness?

I almost always use the metallic paint material for my ground floors. The 'metal coverage' slider helps getting the effect your talking about - I think. The lighting also plays a huge role. You need to have a part in your environment that is reflecting in the ground at the particular render angle... And also the roughness mapping also helps to give the effect.

I have uploaded the material for the watch ground floor to the cloud as well. It's called 'Scratched Metal'. Go and check it out for the details. Hope it helps.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback  :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks for the breakdown, Esben. Would never have guessed it to be metallic paint. It gives a special feel to it.