Occlusion material applied
Pure White HDR map
over 250,000,000 tri's
30 minute render time @ 2.4Ghz 24 threads

Model from https://grabcad.com/library/engine-room-for-refrigerating-plant-1

Martin

Despot

I like it Martin...

But... It doesn't grab me by the ballsack and pull me around the room kicking and screaming - it needs some 'punch' I think, this where you should stop being a purist and do a little postwork maybe

J

TpwUK

I was just playing with that one - I want to room it up proper and try doing a dirty interior shot, all the others have been squeaky clean as far as i know. :)

Martin

Despot

That's sounds good...  :) crack on then...  ;)

J

Josh3D

I concur with John's ballsack rating :) but love the appearance and your AO test. Was it completely enclosed? 30 minutes seems a lot.

TpwUK

Hi Josh - No it was not fully enclosed - I just gave it 30 minutes, it takes about 12 mins at 1280x720 so i just doubled it and gave it a bit extra just to make sure. Like i said, i was just playing and not seen occlusion tested with toon so just threw it in to test it :)

Martin

Despot

TpwUK

Ahahhaha - see, i looked at that as materialised NURBs - completely forgot it was toon ... My apologies buddy :/

Martin

Speedster

Well, you all know I'm a certified Occlusion Dummy...  so what role does the occlusion play that is different than playing with the basic toon sliders?
Bill G

Despot

Occlusion essentially makes all your nooks and crannies look darker and more shadowed as well as accentuating detail... that's about it really.