Author Topic: 3 rendering questions?  (Read 1466 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hugo

3 rendering questions?
« on: September 26, 2015, 06:37:05 pm »
I'm attempting to render a 8000 x 8000 resolution 300 DPI image.

1. Can KS help me predetermine the approximate time this rendering will take on my computer system?

2. After 1 hr. 10% has been rendered. Would I be correct to interpolate that in ~10 hrs the rendering will be completed?

3. I have a black (0,0,0) background image which, I estimate occupies about 40% of the canvas, while the remaining 60% is actual geometry which requires rendering. Is KS smart enough to not render over and over again pixels that are part of the black background?

TIA!

Offline Chad Holton

Re: 3 rendering questions?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:57:51 am »
1. Not at this time with advanced rendering option. Max time can, though.  ;D

2. Not necessarily. As you mentioned in Q3, the background will render extremely fast (if there are no shadows and such to calculate). So, based on your example, I would guess it would take a hair over 6 hours to render.

3. See above.


Edit: I tested this and it doesn't work out (calculating time from scale). Not sure just yet how to calculate this based on a smaller rendering.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:25:50 am by Chad Holton »