Issues with textured glass

Started by Jan Wnshmr, December 02, 2015, 05:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Wnshmr

Hi,

I'm working as an industrial designer with Keyshot for over 2 years now and I encountered a really weird issue with textured glass materials.
This kind of materials are a crucial part for most of my renderings and worked really fine until today.
They main issue is a huge difference between the live renderings and the final results after the "real" rendering process.
After applying the textured material, the live rendering looks fine but the final result is actually unusable and nothing like the preview.

live rendering   :)

final result  :(

As you can see, the problem only applies to the glass parts. The rest is fine as always.
Since the textured glass materials are such a important part of my renderings, I cant really go on with a workaround like doing the cubed texture in Photoshop. I didn't try to reinstall Keyshot but that would be the next step since I'm running out of ideas to fix the problem.
Maybe you guys have an idea how to fix that.

Keyshot Vers. 5.3.6.

System Info:
CPU: Intel Core I5 3.33 GHz
ram: 16 GB
graphic card: Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 (drivers updated)

The 3D parts were modeled in Inventor 2015. Unfortunately I can't post 3D files because most of the parts are still in development.
Both objects were set up individually in Keyshot and then combined to a single .bip file. The problem doesn't turn up when I work with the original files, only when they are combined.

Please let me now if you need any additional info.

Greetings from Germany!