Random Renderings (+ An apple a day)

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 28, 2016, 07:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

So super cool Esben. Love that effect.

Esben Oxholm

Thanks, Will and Josh!

A few small animation projects I've been doing lately. Click to play.

Animation done with dynamic simulation in modo. I keyframe animated a 4 frame long spin and then the dynamic system took care of the rest. Animation exported to KeyShot as .fbx:

Model from Dimensiva. Keyframe animated in modo. Exported to KeyShot as .fbx:

Did 3D camera tracking of the footage in After Effects. Exported the tracked camera data to modo where I created the cube geometry. From modo the geometry and camera-movement was exported to KeyShot as .abc (the geometry got invisible when using .fbx. Only outlined showed). Then outputted as single frames as .png with transparency and overlaid on the original footage back in AE:

Despot

Pen's my favourite - one crit on the spinning coin is it appears that it's embedding itself in the floor at the end of the anim

Other than that, great stuff :)

Finema

Just my two cents >
really cool in C4D (R17) to create dynamic animation and use native export Alembic menu and import the .abc in keyshot
Just a raw example:
Coins on ice : http://jeanphi2.pagesperso-orange.fr/untitled.66.mp4

2 min in C4D
10 min to texture and render animation

Josh3D

Awesome, fun stuff Esben. I'm not familiar with the process for the last one, but how are you matching things up?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Despot on May 20, 2016, 08:08:47 AM
Pen's my favourite - one crit on the spinning coin is it appears that it's embedding itself in the floor at the end of the anim
Other than that, great stuff :)
Thanks buddy. Yeah, I guess it is embedding itself just a tiny bit... and the reflective surfaces makes it look more prominent. Thanks for pointing out. I gotta be more careful next time :)

Quote from: Finema on May 20, 2016, 08:41:29 AM
Just my two cents >
really cool in C4D (R17) to create dynamic animation and use native export Alembic menu and import the .abc in keyshot
Just a raw example:
Coins on ice : http://jeanphi2.pagesperso-orange.fr/untitled.66.mp4

2 min in C4D
10 min to texture and render animation
Hi Finema. Sounds like the same process as modo. Can't get the video to play, though :(

Quote from: Josh Mings on May 20, 2016, 02:02:53 PM
Awesome, fun stuff Esben. I'm not familiar with the process for the last one, but how are you matching things up?
Thanks Josh. The process is like this:
1. Film footage
2. Track footage camera movement inside AE and create a 3D camera that matches that movement (using the camera tracker function)
3. Export that camera movement to modo via a .json file
4. Create and animate geometry inside modo
5. Export geometry, animation and camera to KeyShot via a .fbx file
6. Do lighting and materials inside KeyShot
7. Export animation as .png single frames with alpha
8. Import frames into AE and overlay the exported .png sequence.

I think I'll do a tutorial on the process when I've done a few more experiments.
Here's another one done the same way as described above:

Finema

Finema

Esben ,
in attachment the mp4 file

Esben Oxholm

Thanks, Finema. Looks cool.

Here's another (rather sketchy) experiment to explore what kinda effects can be done with this technique:

Finema

Nice
i like Augmented reality  ;)

Will Gibbons

Thanks for the breakdown Esben. It's always a treat to see new integrations of KeyShot.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Finema on May 23, 2016, 05:12:20 AM
Nice
i like Augmented reality  ;)

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 23, 2016, 06:46:02 AM
Thanks for the breakdown Esben. It's always a treat to see new integrations of KeyShot.
No problem. It is also quite a treat to explore. I never thought of using KeyShot this way before :)

Here's a couple of new experiments. These are not ment to be pixel perfect, but rather serves to get the process of motion tracking, rotoscoping and combining 3D-animation and footage under the skin. Let me know if you have any questions.

Finema

Chad Holton

Cloudy with a chance of cheeseburgers...  ;D

Loving these, Esben. Keep it up.

DriesV

That burger is so... whimsical. Loving it! :D
Could serve as a commercial for McD's when Independence Day is released next month. ;)

Dries