Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Actually, applying a photo that doesn't match the mesh as a diffuse texture will help in the illusion of imperfection and chaos that the ocean has. 

Finema

Quote from: NM-92 on October 19, 2016, 07:21:03 AM
Actually, applying a photo that doesn't match the mesh as a diffuse texture will help in the illusion of imperfection and chaos that the ocean has.

Sure  ;)

NM-92

I had to try sand after the ocean, so here it is.

Magnus Skogsfjord

The sea render is interesting. I've tried to do a render with a bit rough sea earlier, but it is hard to achieve that authentic look without being subjected with an obvious pattern.

NM-92

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 22, 2016, 03:41:46 AM
The sea render is interesting. I've tried to do a render with a bit rough sea earlier, but it is hard to achieve that authentic look without being subjected with an obvious pattern.

Yeah, this one came out right because of the close up. The photo wasn't seamless so it won'd do it for a bigger surface or wider shot.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on October 22, 2016, 05:10:54 AM
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 22, 2016, 03:41:46 AM

Yeah, this one came out right because of the close up. The photo wasn't seamless so it won'd do it for a bigger surface or wider shot.

Looks good though! :)

Despot

The sea is really cool Nicolas, the sand image is too...  is there an attempt at volumetrics in that image, I can see some visual disturbance in the background :)

NM-92

Quote from: Despot on October 22, 2016, 11:53:12 AM
The sea is really cool Nicolas, the sand image is too...  is there an attempt at volumetrics in that image, I can see some visual disturbance in the background :)

Thanks John. Sorry, but what do you mean by "an attempt at volumetrics" ?

NM-92

nicordf

I love the lighting and the beaten up look of that material study Nico! You've become the ultimate keyshot ninja

NM-92

Quote from: nicordf on November 05, 2016, 08:47:05 AM
I love the lighting and the beaten up look of that material study Nico! You've become the ultimate keyshot ninja

Thanks Nico !

I've made another quick scene to test the thinfilm material.

bdesign

Quote from: NM-92 on November 04, 2016, 01:59:06 PM
Quick material study - Anisotropic.

Great work, Nico! Looks almost like displacement mapping :)

Eric

Hossein Alfideh

saw this on your instagram but now I've seen the high-res I like it even more ,totally awesome!  :)

NM-92

Finema