Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Hossein Alfideh

NM-92

NM-92

Hello there. I don't use 3D scans so often, but i couldn't resist playing with this one from Artec 3D. Wasn't trying to create a scene or anything, just played around with the lighting and material setup. Still amazed by the details of the scans. Enjoy !

Josh3D

Nice! And the material makes it look even better :)

Speedster

Neat!  But I don't think the screw heads would be as corroded or the same material as the body casting.
Bill G

DMerz III

;) pretty sure this is a photograph, nice try

NM-92

Quote from: Speedster on September 27, 2017, 11:05:30 AM
Neat!  But I don't think the screw heads would be as corroded or the same material as the body casting.
Bill G

Yeah that's actually my bad. I still don't know how to tweak UVs or how to separate geometry in these cases, so i have to work with only one material. I'd love to break the geo in more pieces and work them separately.

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 27, 2017, 09:02:08 AM
Nice! And the material makes it look even better :)

Thanks Josh !!

Speedster

QuoteI still don't know how to tweak UVs or how to separate geometry
I know the feeling!  Try two passes, one for the body and another for the screws.  Then in post use the magic selector tool, or whatever it's called, and a mask to isolate the screws.

Or just move on in life!

Bill G

cjwidd

Quote from: NM-92 on August 02, 2016, 10:15:39 PM
Hi everyone. Still not completely finished, but i couldn't resist to see how it looked like in KS. This is my first "complex" model in Blender. Special thanks to TpwUK for the tips.

Is this model UV mapped, or is this completely driven by Keyshot materials?

NM-92

Quote from: cjwidd on September 27, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

Hi. No it's not mapped. I always try to create the materials in KS using the different mapping methods (but not UV :P)

cjwidd

Quote from: NM-92 on September 27, 2017, 05:57:05 PM
Quote from: cjwidd on September 27, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

Hi. No it's not mapped. I always try to create the materials in KS using the different mapping methods (but not UV :P)
That's great to hear, love the gradient heated metal on the barrel

Magnus Skogsfjord

Yeah it's hard to keep away from those detailed scanned data. Looks superb Nico!

NM-92

Hello again. I've modeled this coin box in Rhinoceros. This was meant to be an entry for the contest, but i couldn't achieve a decent result back then. I've reworked the scene, and i'm pretty happy with the results. Again, this is a must see in high res, so download it if you can to appreciate the texture work ! I'm uploading some close ups for the lazy ones too :P.

Hope you like it ! Cheers.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I love(!) the graffiti stains and drops runing down! Is this single decals/labels?