20 New Images! Render DUMPPPPP

Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Definitely a great use of your time man!I've been following your work on your IG.that pillow and the transnoodle look very interesting.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Looking good Will! My tiny little OCD makes me want to try to squeeze these isocohedron patterns, especially that cloudy plastic (?) one.  +1 to the transnoodle one!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mousek on March 31, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
Abstract pictures were created in grasshopper or something similiar ?

Created in Houdini :)

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on April 01, 2018, 09:58:02 AM
Definitely a great use of your time man!I've been following your work on your IG.that pillow and the transnoodle look very interesting.

Thanks, lots of little chunks of time here and there. I appreciate it.

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 01, 2018, 11:53:09 AM
Looking good Will! My tiny little OCD makes me want to try to squeeze these isocohedron patterns, especially that cloudy plastic (?) one.  +1 to the transnoodle one!

Hahaha, I feel you there. Would be fun to play with the scale... like put a small ship or something flying into one of them.

Will Gibbons

I made a quick model and rendered this last weekend. It's a modern take on an old Sony Cube Radio from 1969. The thought was that in 2019, it'll be 50 years old, so this would be the 50th year anniversary edition of this radio.  The rest of the renderings are on my other computer. Will add those later.

kiarash.tamizkar

hey dear will gibbons,its really lovely render specially the close up,but is the noise is part off render? i mean to give some Obsolescence effect to the render?

Magnus Skogsfjord

This is very cool! Heavy on the dust isn't it? Loving that speckled plastic!

Chad Holton

Will Gibbons

Quote from: kiarash.tamizkar on April 19, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
hey dear will gibbons,its really lovely render specially the close up,but is the noise is part off render? i mean to give some Obsolescence effect to the render?

Hi, thanks. I added some pretty heavy noise in post. Not sure what you mean by 'obsolescence effect'. 

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 20, 2018, 03:55:11 AM
This is very cool! Heavy on the dust isn't it? Loving that speckled plastic!

Very dusty. This is something I could use work on. I need to start following my own advice and take more reference photos and try to match them 100%.

Quote from: Chad Holton on April 20, 2018, 07:09:56 AM
Diggin' the speckled plastic too.  8)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Josh3D

Looks like it's been sat behind my monitor for a few weeks :) Just love your take on it man. Well done.

Will Gibbons

Hey! Sorry... life's been busy. Here's some more work from the past month or so.

I've been enjoying the bite-sized projects hosted by rendeweekly on Instagram, so that's where many of these came from, usually done in one sitting or occasionally split between modeling one night and rending the following morning or evening.

C&C or questions welcome!

Finema

Really good !
yellow kettle is perfect. Texture is awesome!
can you show the material graph of it ?
Thanks

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Finema on June 20, 2018, 11:04:49 PM
Really good !
yellow kettle is perfect. Texture is awesome!
can you show the material graph of it ?
Thanks

Thanks. I'll see if I have time after work!

DMerz III

Will Gibbons

Thought I'd add s'more recent images.

The first one is a power bank and the second is a compact camera design. Both submissions for Weekly Render Challenge on IG a few weeks back.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 10, 2018, 01:29:55 PM
Thought I'd add s'more recent images.

The first one is a power bank and the second is a compact camera design. Both submissions for Weekly Render Challenge on IG a few weeks back.

I saw these on your IG,I love that power bank,I would totally buy one if I could find it on the market!
Great approach Will!