20 New Images! Render DUMPPPPP

Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRIS

Stretching my feet out so I can give it 4 thumbs up!

Ananth Narayan

Hi, will Iam new to this keyshot render, beginner. Will you help me out to make beautiful rendering.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Finema on December 07, 2018, 08:22:10 AM
Superb Will  ;)

Thank you Finema! I appreciate you taking a look.

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 07, 2018, 02:04:03 PM
Lot's of good stuff, but love that top sake shot. Just stunning!

Hi Esben, Thanks! Always nice to hear what stands out to others.

Quote from: cjwidd on December 07, 2018, 03:52:47 PM
That shoe is spectacular, definitely some of your best work IMO. What's the story with that translucent material?

Thank you, cjwidd! I've never done a shoe before, so it was interesting trying different approaches for a knitted material look.

Quote from: bdesign on December 07, 2018, 06:43:06 PM
Wow, Will...these are some next-level awesome images! +1 on the shoe, and Sake1.35 is really beautiful.

Cheers,
Eric

Thanks Eric! Good to hear from you over here!

Quote from: nacho_grande on December 08, 2018, 04:19:40 AM
Spectacular renders. I am amazed...

Hi Nacho! Thanks for the compliment! :)

Quote from: Ivan_____ on December 08, 2018, 11:43:56 PM
Wow! They are all beautifull, I like the shoe and Sake the most.

Thanks for chiming in Ivan! Great to know what others like.

Quote from: RRIS on December 10, 2018, 04:52:29 AM
Stretching my feet out so I can give it 4 thumbs up!

Haha, that's awesome! Thanks for that RRIS!

Quote from: Ananth Narayan on December 10, 2018, 05:08:56 AM
Hi, will Iam new to this keyshot render, beginner. Will you help me out to make beautiful rendering.

Hi Ananth, I suggest you use this forum and all of it's members as a learning resource. If you contribute to the forum by helping others and asking good, specific questions, you'll learn and get help!

blu01

Really great work, may I ask where exactly did you get that shoe model? I couldn't find Sam :(
Thanks.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: blu01 on December 10, 2018, 01:14:21 PM
Really great work, may I ask where exactly did you get that shoe model? I couldn't find Sam :(
Thanks.

Thanks. The shoe model was sent to me via email by somebody. The designer made it available for a render challenge lead by the Instagram profile called Render Weekly.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

All that you do are always the bests! Well done, Will!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on December 10, 2018, 11:18:49 PM
All that you do are always the bests! Well done, Will!

Thank you for that, Pouya!

Quote from: Mikael Prous on December 11, 2018, 06:44:52 AM
Will, The voronoi geometry shot is just awesome! could you elaborate on a cloudy plastic and lighting set up please. Thanks.

Thanks. Actually, an updated approach to that is outlined in this recent webinar: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK0OmSdEfWE/url]

Magnus Skogsfjord

You've really leaped on the quality on this dump Will! I really love all of them, but as others point out, the sake shot is my favorite work from you yet. The composition, the livelienss, realism, contrast and materials.. Everything works so well.

Also: Love the rubber material.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 18, 2018, 05:42:56 AM
You've really leaped on the quality on this dump Will! I really love all of them, but as others point out, the sake shot is my favorite work from you yet. The composition, the livelienss, realism, contrast and materials.. Everything works so well.

Also: Love the rubber material.

Thanks man! What I love about this community is that others can point out things you may not see yourself. I personally have a very hard time figuring out what others will like most from my work. I appreciate you taking the time to call out the stronger works or bits of an image. :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 18, 2018, 07:35:37 AM
Thanks man! What I love about this community is that others can point out things you may not see yourself. I personally have a very hard time figuring out what others will like most from my work. I appreciate you taking the time to call out the stronger works or bits of an image. :)
I know exactly how that feels. I am lacking that ability myself, and I can never tell if something will hit it with people or not. However, there's usually different feedback depending on who sees your work. Something that might look beautiful to a CGI artist might be "meh" for an industrial designer and vice versa. It all depends on your audience I guess :)

But I really love that sake shot. The top view is surprising (especially with the diagonal touch), the caustics are different and powerful, the textures in the dark areas are visible which makes it even more interesting, and to top it off  the glass materials are vivid and alive with that subtle bump. I also like the fact that the light frame is cut off at the end, as you can still kinda sense it finishing without being present.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Mikael Prous on December 18, 2018, 08:51:29 AM
Thanks Will, Is there a way to bypass the Scattering of KS8 and achieve the same result with KS7? Thanks

Sure. Just use a large cube and apply cloudy plastic material. It will be quite slow so prepare to let it render a long time. Also, your camera needs to be outside the cloudy plastic cube in KS7 for it to render correctly.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 18, 2018, 08:38:05 AM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 18, 2018, 07:35:37 AM
I know exactly how that feels. I am lacking that ability myself, and I can never tell if something will hit it with people or not. However, there's usually different feedback depending on who sees your work. Something that might look beautiful to a CGI artist might be "meh" for an industrial designer and vice versa. It all depends on your audience I guess :)

But I really love that sake shot. The top view is surprising (especially with the diagonal touch), the caustics are different and powerful, the textures in the dark areas are visible which makes it even more interesting, and to top it off  the glass materials are vivid and alive with that subtle bump. I also like the fact that the light frame is cut off at the end, as you can still kinda sense it finishing without being present.

Once again! I hear your point on how feedback differs person-to-person. Thanks a lot!

Masoud Zangi

Great as always? Are they CAD models or polygon ones?

JimmyToTheBe

Great images Will. Always like looking at your experimentation images. And I never got round to looking at the high-res version of the Nike Vapor Max...They look awesome  ;D

puyopuyo

The lighting and caustics of the Sake Images are perfect- I want to achieve caustics this good too.

I also really dig lamp on the white background - the cool bowl with the warm light inside looks beautiful. I know from my work that it's one of the more difficult things to render a white object on white background with a believable glow. Very good!