Main Menu

Branding WIP

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, June 04, 2016, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

So, I'm in the process of building a portfolio, so I put some effort into designing a personal logo. I started by sketching up some variants in illustrator, and taking it further by building a 3D-variant of it. I'm a fan of the low-poly look, so it is kinda inspired by that.

This is a bit different than what I usually do, but I hope it's somewhat likeable nonetheless. Any feedback on either design or renders is, as always, appreciated:)

NM-92

Hi Magnus. I'm in the same process myself , without any luck yet :(. I really like that wood / galvanized (?) one.

LayC42

Hmm, that's a very difficult task!

Your idea reminds me to the logos of the Autodesk products.

I'm looking forward to the final version

Despot

Very nice Magnus, the first one, which is my personal favourite and yours I suspect ;), looks like an art installation in a gallery, very cool  :D

Hossein Alfideh

These are really cool magnus
I guess the one with wood is my favourite
Good luck

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on June 04, 2016, 08:21:17 PM
Hi Magnus. I'm in the same process myself , without any luck yet :(. I really like that wood / galvanized (?) one.
Thanks! Yeah, it can be a tough long process that one.

Quote from: LayC42 on June 04, 2016, 11:11:29 PM
Hmm, that's a very difficult task!

Your idea reminds me to the logos of the Autodesk products.

I'm looking forward to the final version
I guess it kinda has the look of the autodesk product indeed. I should probably have mentioned that I will not be choosing any of these as the final version. The idea is to make the shape the recognizing factor, and let the colors/textures of the logo itself be more dynamic. That way, I can customize it depending on the context. You can check another image I've added to get the idea of the flat version of the logo. Thanks for your comment :)

Quote from: Despot on June 04, 2016, 11:43:46 PM
Very nice Magnus, the first one, which is my personal favourite and yours I suspect ;), looks like an art installation in a gallery, very cool  :D
Thanks John! Appreicate it:) I'm not quite sure about my own favorite yet. I'm actually leaning towards the clean white one with the IES spots.

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on June 05, 2016, 12:04:27 AM
These are really cool magnus
I guess the one with wood is my favourite
Good luck
Thanks man! Much obliged.

Josh3D

Great exercise! I like them all except the stone one.

123 looks really good (maybe without the bright spot on the ground). 122 is the strongest piece though.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Josh Mings on June 06, 2016, 08:08:09 AM
Great exercise! I like them all except the stone one.

123 looks really good (maybe without the bright spot on the ground). 122 is the strongest piece though.
Thanks for your feedback Josh. Valuable input! I see the issue with the bright spot. Probably gonna be an easy fix with PS.

SebasDesign

I really like that logo! and all the renders are amazing

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on June 06, 2016, 03:08:15 PM
I really like that logo! and all the renders are amazing
Cheers man! Nice of you to say:)

guest86567

My favorite has to be the final image! Content like that on a business card would look amazing.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: JoeYoung on June 07, 2016, 09:26:15 AM
My favorite has to be the final image! Content like that on a business card would look amazing.
Cheers Joe! Well, that would be the best case scenario to end up with that. Thanks!

Will Gibbons

This is fun. Lots of cool variations to look at. I like the simple, geometric logo.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 08, 2016, 05:41:42 AM
This is fun. Lots of cool variations to look at. I like the simple, geometric logo.
Cheers Will. Appreciate the encouragement:)

Stevoid

Very cool. I really like what you did with the "toon" one. Several effects/tricks came together really well on that. Really interesting.