"Sun and Sky" grainy and useless (MacOS, Keyshot 6.1Pro)

Started by tennet, June 10, 2016, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennet

Hi! When I attempt to generate a new HDRI under the "Sun & Sky" tab in the HDRI Editor, then the generated HDRI becomes very noisy and it doesn't clear up in a very long time (so far not at all). Is this a bug or is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I'm using Keyshot 6.1 Pro on a Mac Pro with OSX 10.10.5. Thanks!

KeyShot

I just tried with your settings and the sun sky came up clean without any noise. It looks like a rather strange issue. Is it noisy with all settings on  your end? Are other operations working for you?

tennet

Everything else seems to work fine, pins and other HDRIs.. Just the sun and sky that becomes nosiy, different noise with different city-settings and different time of day, but still so noisy it can't be used. Have you also tried on mac osx?

tennet

Hi again, I activated the license on my Macbook Pro and there I can generate the sun-sky HDRIs with no problems at all. Would you reckon an re-install on the MacPro would solve it or can it still be a bug, maybe something that's not compatible hardware vs software?

tennet