Evolving Anti-Gear...

Started by TyRuben, June 26, 2016, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

Quote from: TyRuben on July 22, 2016, 09:13:24 AM
Colleagues,

So, I investigated the rounded edges function with a good deal more focus — and unfortunately, found the results largely unsatisfying.

In the render below — round edges was set to .004 — which I find almost imperceivable.

When set any higher than .004 — the edges of the geometry became kind of fractal-like — and the long edges reflections broken into subsections.

When this model was exported from MOI as an .obj — I had is set as quads and triangles — so am now wondering if it might be improved if it was exported as all triangles?

Might find time to try this in the not too distant.

Rage on,
Ty
Ty,
Have you downloaded the latest update to KS yet? The update to the rounded edges makes it vastly better than previous versions, at least from the little testing I've done on my models.

TyRuben

@> HaroldL --  I trust I have -- downloaded an update just yesterday -- perhaps another run is in order -- thank you -- !

Rage on,
Ty

TyRuben

Colleagues,

Finally found a little bit of free time to get back to this project.

Rage on,
Ty

TyRuben

TyRuben

Speedster

Quotebut it's curious to want to put an orange peel texture on plastic ?
Well, I've seen a lot of orange peel plastic come out of shops that don't know how to mold!
Bill G

TyRuben

Colleagues,

Managed to carve out a little bit of free time over the winter break to get a bit more modeling and Keyshot practice.

Best wishes to everyone for a grand and evolutionary 2017.

Rage on,
Ty

Will Gibbons

Cool! Always fun to see something new from you. Thanks for sharing.

__davidschultz__

Looks cool, Ty!  Glad to see your work here.

Josh3D

SO love the detail in your models. Super cool ideas too.

TyRuben

Colleagues,

A little more effort on this project.

Rage on,
Ty

TyRuben