Creating video from frames

Started by jblaze, June 27, 2016, 06:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblaze

Hi guys,
After few hours of animation rendering (1500+ frames) I got an error message saying something like "KS can't convert the images to a video" (I pressed OK before copying the text). This left me with 1530 frames and no video.
Any ideas how I could manually encode the video?

Thanks!

Robb63

I actually never use the built in video converter. I always take the frame sequence and compile it. There is a lot of software that can do this. QuickTime Pro, Adobe Premiere, of After Effects can as well to name a few.

BTW, You can get a one month fully functioning demo of the two Adobe software's.

jblaze

Thanks for the quick reply.  8)
After Effects did the job. I've even rendered the video with transparent background (using Keyshot -> TIFF files with alpha channel).

PS the issue with Keyshot turned out to be due to not enough free disk space.

theAVator

Sounds like you found a solution.
Just adding my 2cents:
I always do this - export frames (.png with transparency in my case) as I have had some codec issues with AVI outputs previously. Then I import the image sequences into Adobe Premiere. It's also nice because I queue up my renders based on how many frames I can render overnight, so in the end I'll have several sets of sequences that make up 1 animation and it's easy to combine them all using the raw frame outputs. 

One thing to watch for is your FPS in your animation, versus the FPS in your project file. Premiere and After Effects, I believe, tend to work at 30fps as their default, so if you rendered at 24fps or something other there might be some variation in your playing time.