Some practice renders

Started by nicordf, August 05, 2016, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdesign

Great start, Nicolas! The couch and cloth are cool, but that wall is really over-exposed and blown out, as well as the floor being washed out. Also, to my eye, the scale of the wood grain on the floor looks too large relative to the couch. Hope you don't think I'm nit picking...just offering my 2 cents :)

Cheers,
Eric

nicordf

Quote from: bdesign on August 06, 2016, 11:31:22 PM
Great start, Nicolas! The couch and cloth are cool, but that wall is really over-exposed and blown out, as well as the floor being washed out. Also, to my eye, the scale of the wood grain on the floor looks too large relative to the couch. Hope you don't think I'm nit picking...just offering my 2 cents :)

Cheers,
Eric

Thanks Eric!

I might have gone too far with the hdri lighting source I assigned to one of the walls haha ::) I'll work on those and upload a new one! :)

Despot

Love these kind of renders, cool stuff Nic, they remind me a lot of Esbens's stuff... that's a good thing by the way ;)

nicordf

Quote from: Despot on August 07, 2016, 03:15:02 AM
Love these kind of renders, cool stuff Nic, they remind me a lot of Esbens's stuff... that's a good thing by the way ;)

Hey Despot! Thanks a lot man! Yeah! Esben's renders are something I definitely look up to!!

nicordf

Based on Eric's feedback (and with a little bit more rendering time), here we go with the 2.0 version of the sofa test rendering, hope you like it!   :) :)

bdesign

Oh yeah, Nicolas, now we're talkin'! So much nicer...beautiful work :)

Cheers,
Eric

nicordf

Quote from: bdesign on August 09, 2016, 12:23:50 AM
Oh yeah, Nicolas, now we're talkin'! So much nicer...beautiful work :)

Cheers,
Eric

Yuhuu!! Thanks Eric!

NM-92

Finema

Will Gibbons

This is good! I'd like to see it pushed a bit further, so here's what I'd suggest:

The floor looks a bit too high-contrast and saturated. I'd knock it back a bit. Next, there seems to be some white-pixel artifacts on the right edge of the cushion. Maybe make the variation in the color of the leather material a tad greater. The blanket (guessing you used the velvet material), I'd knock back the sheen just a bit and try to soften it a bit with more edginess perhaps. Finally, a bit more of a direct light source would create a bit more contrast. Maybe you could do a slightly warm fill light (as if coming from interior light bulb) and a cooler, more directional light as if coming in from outside.

Just some ideas. However, it's a really nice rendering as-is!

Josh3D

nicordf

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 09, 2016, 09:00:28 AM
This is good! I'd like to see it pushed a bit further, so here's what I'd suggest:

The floor looks a bit too high-contrast and saturated. I'd knock it back a bit. Next, there seems to be some white-pixel artifacts on the right edge of the cushion. Maybe make the variation in the color of the leather material a tad greater. The blanket (guessing you used the velvet material), I'd knock back the sheen just a bit and try to soften it a bit with more edginess perhaps. Finally, a bit more of a direct light source would create a bit more contrast. Maybe you could do a slightly warm fill light (as if coming from interior light bulb) and a cooler, more directional light as if coming in from outside.

Thanks Will! I'll push it further today! I wasn't entirely convinced with the velvet drape, feels too heavy in comparison with how it creases and folds.

nicordf

nicordf

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 09, 2016, 09:00:28 AM

I pushed it a little bit further now, and I'm glad I did!! thoughts?

Finema

Great ! i think it's much better   ;)