Main Menu

Model Disappeared?

Started by BenjiManCan, August 09, 2016, 03:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenjiManCan

Hello all,

I am working on an animation featuring a lock and key. Earlier on in the day, everything within KeyShot (6 Pro) was working fine, however, I returned to the project a few hours later and the key part has disappeared from the preview, yet it is still in the 'Scene' list and has a tick beside it.

To make the key invisible at the start of the animation, I added a short fade from 0% to 0% (I don't know any other method). And then, when I wanted the key to appear, I created another fade from 0% to 100%. Previously, this has worked for me, yet now, it does not and only shows the outline of the key when highlighted.

I have attempted to right click the model, changing the visibility to 'Show All Parts' but this has no affect. I have also tried restarting KeyShot and my computer, but there has been no change.

I created a preview animation before this problem occurred, this has been attached below:

https://vid.me/KGoH

I have also attached the KeyShot file. Please let me know if it is also necessary to attach the CAD files (SolidWorks) too.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone can help me solve this issue, thank you.

LayC42

That sounds like the visibility of the key part ist depended on the cursor position in the timeline. So if the cursor is at the start, the key has to be invisible.
Or you used lock and hide feature. So you can unhide the key part manually.

BenjiManCan

Quote from: LayC42 on August 09, 2016, 10:59:26 PM
That sounds like the visibility of the key part ist depended on the cursor position in the timeline. So if the cursor is at the start, the key has to be invisible.
Or you used lock and hide feature. So you can unhide the key part manually.

Nope, the key is invisible even after it has 100% visibility. The lock and hide feature has not been used and no matter how many times I change the visibility to 'Show All Parts', it is still invisible.

Please can someone download the KeyShot file, so I can see if this issue happens to anyone else?

LayC42

Which KeyShot version is your current?
I'll take a look at your bip file when I'm in office (next 2 hours)

BenjiManCan

Quote from: LayC42 on August 10, 2016, 10:11:39 PM
Which KeyShot version is your current?
I'll take a look at your bip file when I'm in office (next 2 hours)

I'm currently using KeyShot Version 6.2.85. Please let me know if you are able to open the file successfully and view the invisible model.

LayC42

Hello.

I'm using the latest KeyShot 6.2.105 version.

I changed the fade animation of the key part from 100% to 0% within 0.01 sec. Then the key is visible.
Now I would render the animation with single frame files, delete the first frame and merge them to a movie file with VirtualDubMOD.

That's all

BenjiManCan

Quote from: LayC42 on August 11, 2016, 04:27:52 AM
Hello.

I'm using the latest KeyShot 6.2.105 version.

I changed the fade animation of the key part from 100% to 0% within 0.01 sec. Then the key is visible.
Now I would render the animation with single frame files, delete the first frame and merge them to a movie file with VirtualDubMOD.

That's all

Thanks for getting back to me once again. I have made the amendments suggested, however, this does not have any affect on the visibility of the part.

Would it be possible to save that file you have created and upload it as an attachment, to see whether it works on my computer as well as yours?

LayC42

Quote from: BenjiManCan on August 14, 2016, 07:16:14 AM
Thanks for getting back to me once again. I have made the amendments suggested, however, this does not have any affect on the visibility of the part.

Would it be possible to save that file you have created and upload it as an attachment, to see whether it works on my computer as well as yours?

Here it is.
I've done the changes again, 'cause I've deleted the last file. My file was saved with the latest version 6.2.105

But there is one interesting and disturbing thing: I had to turn of the NURBS mode. Otherwise the key part keeps hidden.

Maybe you can send this issue to the support team of Luxion.

hope that helps

BenjiManCan

Quote from: LayC42 on August 14, 2016, 11:58:22 PM
Here it is.
I've done the changes again, 'cause I've deleted the last file. My file was saved with the latest version 6.2.105

But there is one interesting and disturbing thing: I had to turn of the NURBS mode. Otherwise the key part keeps hidden.

Maybe you can send this issue to the support team of Luxion.

hope that helps

Thank you so much! That file works perfectly. Turns out that when I turned off NURBS mode on my original document, it worked fine. Perhaps it is a bug in the software but thank you for helping me figure it out!