Main Menu

Sunset in NY

Started by Hossein Alfideh, October 24, 2016, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

hey guys!
I've been away for a while and I see lots of impressive work on forum!  :)
for a long time I wanted to make an exterior shot and finally I've got the chance to do something about it so I chose Newyork city apartments!
my goal was to make a delightful summer sunset also I got the chance to practice on rendering some trees too!
this is my first shot , I'm modeling the roof top now, that would be the next shot!
feel free to tell your Ideas! :)

boyd_747

Wow! Amazing shot. You must have been practicing.That's the best ever!! 

Arian Shamil

TpwUK

Looking good, I'm going to watch this space ... Hope to see more

Martin

SebasDesign

Livingstone

Unbelievable ! It is so real! really amazing!

Finema

teally good ! want to see more too :)

Will Gibbons

This is super good. Would you mind sharing a clay at some point? The details are really-well handled. Especially the trees. Fantastic!

One thing... In the bottom-right windows, there's some words/letters that are backwards 'bakery, etc.' Is that a reflection? A tad confusing.

NM-92

Amazing! I've never made a complex scene like this and i can't imagine the ammount of work that it requires. Only thing i find a bit odd (and i can be totally wrong) is the lighting on the bottom surfaces of the stairs. I don't know if the lights of the windows are bright enough to light them up that way.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: boyd_747 on October 24, 2016, 12:16:11 PM
Wow! Amazing shot. You must have been practicing.That's the best ever!!
thank you buddy, glad to hear these kind words from a person who creates the most inspiring interior shots himself  :)

Quote from: Arian Shamil on October 24, 2016, 12:46:58 PM
Very nice!
:)

thanks a lot Arian!  ;)

Quote from: TpwUK on October 24, 2016, 12:59:27 PM
Looking good, I'm going to watch this space ... Hope to see more

Martin

Thanks martin, yeah I'm preparing a few other shots but the modeling takes time , specially the roof top!that area has lots of details!

Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on October 24, 2016, 01:26:01 PM
love it!

thanks man!  ;)

Quote from: Livingstone on October 24, 2016, 08:18:52 PM
Unbelievable ! It is so real! really amazing!

thank you for the kind words  :)

Quote from: Finema on October 24, 2016, 11:43:53 PM
teally good ! want to see more too :)

Thanks buddy, I'll post some in a few days  :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 25, 2016, 07:08:12 AM
This is super good. Would you mind sharing a clay at some point? The details are really-well handled. Especially the trees. Fantastic!

One thing... In the bottom-right windows, there's some words/letters that are backwards 'bakery, etc.' Is that a reflection? A tad confusing.

glad you liked it man, about the window you mentioned, you're right that's bakery reflection as it's on the other side of the street we see the words backwards but I agree with you maybe it was better to decrease the refraction index of the glass a little bit!
every single part of this is done in keyshot , I'll post the clay hope that helps, the beauty saloon and parts of restaurant are some pictures I found and some label work I did in keyshot  :)

Quote from: NM-92 on October 25, 2016, 09:00:07 AM
Amazing! I've never made a complex scene like this and i can't imagine the ammount of work that it requires. Only thing i find a bit odd (and i can be totally wrong) is the lighting on the bottom surfaces of the stairs. I don't know if the lights of the windows are bright enough to light them up that way.

thanks a lot nico :)
for the window lights I duplicated the windows and moved them forward a bit then tried the area lights (lumen) with the visible reflection mode off!
you're partly right , I increased the lights power a bit more to make the scene a bit warmer as I saw some references  ;)

Hossein Alfideh

Here is a shot from a neighbor's window across the street and and clay  :)
there will be more  ;D

Despot

Really cool exterior Hossein, one of my favourites for sure :)

Will Gibbons

Wow! I'm impressed. That shot through the window is absolutely great! I haven't really seen a CG/Rendering showing that before. It's a unique shot and has a great effect. Props man! What are you modeling in?

guest84672

Very impressive. When I looked at the original image I wasn't quite sure what was rendered. And I agree with Will, that shot looking out the window is extra awesome, because it is all geometry!

Finema

Yes it's very impressive when i see the clay.
What the process to obtain that ? All windows are labelling  or it's only one image for the street ?