Main Menu

Ben Kenobi

Started by jnguyen3d, December 01, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnguyen3d

Quote from: thomasteger on December 08, 2016, 02:44:00 PM
yes -that's my fav! Really well done!

All thanks to the community of artists here! The resources here are invaluable.. the webinars especially!

TpwUK

The black n white shots are certainly the better renders, well done. As you get more experienced with KS skin and translucency it might well be worth revisiting this, it's an excellent sculpt.

Martin

jnguyen3d

Quote from: TpwUK on December 09, 2016, 12:53:50 AM
The black n white shots are certainly the better renders, well done. As you get more experienced with KS skin and translucency it might well be worth revisiting this, it's an excellent sculpt.

Martin

Thanks Martin! Yeah, I feel like I'm still working out the kinks in regards to the correlation between the scene units and the material values.

Will Gibbons

Wow! This is really nice! I like the glow from the lightsaber on his face especially.

jnguyen3d

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 12, 2016, 08:42:31 AM
Wow! This is really nice! I like the glow from the lightsaber on his face especially.

Thank you, Will!!

jnguyen3d

Excuse me for bringing back in older thread, but I couldn't help myself to go back to this project and rework some of the materials and such. Here's what I got!

This is straight out of Keyshot.. the only post work I did was add extra blue glow to the lightsaber since I didn't want to crank up the bloom too high.

jnguyen3d

More inspiration stemming from the announcement of The Last Jedi! Decided to build a backdrop for old Obi-Wan. I referenced the hallways of the Death Star.
Backdrop is a simple model using alphas and emissive materials.