Trying to Locate my Renderings folder on Mac

Started by Artbot, December 23, 2016, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artbot

I can not locate my Renderings folder. I'm on a Mac. Keyshot 6.3 . I see my preferences are set to: /Library/Application Support/KeyShot6/Renderings but for the life of me, I can't access those files. (Frustrating). I can even select the Renderings folder --only while in Keyshot though, not from the desktop--but everything is grayed out. I know I can hold down the options key and then the word "Library appears in my Go Menu, but when I then go to Application Support there is not a Keyshot 6 Folder there. There is a Luxion folder visible, but that is something different and anyway they are not there.
My Mac is a single user machine and I have all privileges, but that is not the issue--because I can't even see the folder to access it.
When I got Keyshot 4 a few years ago, I re-located these files to outside of the Library and easily had accessed everything. Probably when I upgraded at one point the locations reverted to inside application support. Now I need help. I'm like the kid in the candy store peering out but not able to touch. Thanks in advance

TGS808

"I know I can hold down the options key and then the word "Library appears in my Go Menu, but when I then go to Application Support there is not a Keyshot 6 Folder there. There is a Luxion folder visible, but that is something different and anyway they are not there."

That's the wrong Library folder (and the wrong Application Support folder). Assuming you've not done too much customization to your Mac, double click on the Macintosh HD and open the window. In it you should see the folders: Applications, Library, System, and Users. That is the Library folder you're looking for. Once you're in there, follow the path: Library/Application Support/KeyShot6/Renderings and you're there. To make things easier going forward, you can always make an alias (shortcut) to the KeyShot6 folder and put it on your desktop or go back into the KeyShot preferences to Folders and set up a new path to keep your renderings wherever you want. Hope this helps.

Artbot

Saying "I hopes this helps"  is an understatement! All it takes is one correct answer, and this is it!

I can't thank you enough! For some reason it slipped my mind that there are equally named folders on the Mac. Thank you again. Much appreciated.