The Movies Render Vault

Started by NM-92, January 02, 2017, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Great idea and nice entries :)
I hope to partecipate too sooner or later :)

TpwUK

Quote from: NM-92 on January 06, 2017, 04:33:49 PM
Second movie render. Not quite as good as the first one, but i'm pretty happy with it.

Movie: American Psycho.
I actually think that this render is one of your best. Great depth to it and the lighting is excellent - very well done from me

Martin

Bruce27

Second movie render. Not quite as good as the first one, but i'm pretty happy with it.

Well done, my friend!

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: TpwUK on January 06, 2017, 04:57:26 PM
I actually think that this render is one of your best. Great depth to it and the lighting is excellent - very well done from me
Martin
I agree with Martin here. I think the texturing, materials and lighting are absolutely great. Not much to critic here :) Good job.

Bruce27

Another character of the film world: Angelina Jolie! The film is the well-known Tomb Raider. Hope you like it! :)

NM-92

Great one Bruce ! I'd choose a less busy background though, but the character looks good. Do you model these ?

NM-92

Give them nothing ! But take from them... eeeeverythiinggggg.  :P New entry for this thread. Shield and helmet models are from 3DSky and the arrow is modeled in Blender by me. Obviusly, the movie is 300.

Finema

Hi
here mine >

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: NM-92 on January 08, 2017, 01:42:48 PM
Give them nothing ! But take from them... eeeeverythiinggggg.  :P New entry for this thread. Shield and helmet models are from 3DSky and the arrow is modeled in Blender by me. Obviusly, the movie is 300.

Hmm , in spite of the movie is a total lie about my nation (let's not get into it  :D ) I like the shot you made Nico,good work on maaterials and very cool scene setup!

I tried something simple myself with the Mat-graph related to Interstellar movie.
Miller's planet (with enormous skyscraper-sized waves that occur frequently)
Mann's planet (frozen wasteland with solid clouds ) and Brand's/Edmund's Planet , hope it makes sense  :D

Bruce27

Quote from: NM-92 on January 08, 2017, 01:39:41 PM
Great one Bruce ! I'd choose a less busy background though, but the character looks good. Do you model these ?
No, the basic model is DAZ3D.

NM-92

Quote from: Finema on January 08, 2017, 11:25:10 PM
Hi
here mine >
Ha ! Nice close up. Love the dirt.

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 09, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Hmm , in spite of the movie is a total lie about my nation (let's not get into it  :D ) I like the shot you made Nico,good work on maaterials and very cool scene setup!

I tried something simple myself with the Mat-graph related to Interstellar movie.
Mann's planet (frozen wasteland with solid clouds ) and Brand's/Edmund's Planet , hope it makes sense  :D

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I love action movies and from that point of view i think that one is awesome. The battles are pretty epic :P Awesome planets you got there.

Bruce27

Beautiful the relief effect of the blood! How did you do that?

NM-92

Quote from: Bruce27 on January 09, 2017, 08:07:48 AM

I'm attaching the Mat Graph screenshot for that scene. The card has only one material applied. As you can see in the screenshot, the blood, fingerprints and text were added as labels. Doing it this way you can manage and texture each material individually. Blood has the same diffuse texture applied as a bump, and a noise texture to give the material some wavy effect using the add_bump node. Hope i was clear enough.

Bruce27

Quote from: NM-92 on January 09, 2017, 08:40:23 AM
Quote from: Bruce27 on January 09, 2017, 08:07:48 AM

Thanks for the explanation .... I'll try later everything you have told me to another job. Thanks so much!!! ;)

I'm attaching the Mat Graph screenshot for that scene. The card has only one material applied. As you can see in the screenshot, the blood, fingerprints and text were added as labels. Doing it this way you can manage and texture each material individually. Blood has the same diffuse texture applied as a bump, and a noise texture to give the material some wavy effect using the add_bump node. Hope i was clear enough.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: NM-92 on January 09, 2017, 04:20:04 AM
Quote from: Finema on January 08, 2017, 11:25:10 PM
Hi
here mine >
Ha ! Nice close up. Love the dirt.

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 09, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I love action movies and from that point of view i think that one is awesome. The battles are pretty epic :P Awesome planets you got there.

Haha,no worries man!  :D