Author Topic: 2016 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS  (Read 2132 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Eron

2016 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS

Quite interesting and partly surprising results as KeyShot is concerned:

"As there have been a number of changes in the popularity of new rendering engines in the architectural visualization space, CGarchitect surveyed our audience about their rendering engine usage. 
The survey was conducted over October and November 2016 for just over 30 days.  There were a total of 1,995 participants in the survey, all of whom are involved in arch. viz. production....etc..."


http://www.cgarchitect.com/2016/11/2016-architectural-visualization-rendering-engine-survey---results

regards

Offline TpwUK

Re: 2016 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 01:50:59 am »
2016 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS

Quite interesting and partly surprising results as KeyShot is concerned:

"As there have been a number of changes in the popularity of new rendering engines in the architectural visualization space, CGarchitect surveyed our audience about their rendering engine usage. 
The survey was conducted over October and November 2016 for just over 30 days.  There were a total of 1,995 participants in the survey, all of whom are involved in arch. viz. production....etc..."


http://www.cgarchitect.com/2016/11/2016-architectural-visualization-rendering-engine-survey---results

regards

That's an interesting set of stats, (thanks for sharing) no real surprise regarding the results as such. KS has the history of being an outstanding render engine for doing vehicle renders. Interior rendering has only really been added to KS6  so it's a new feature and generally speaking ArchViz guys tend to be slow to adopt new render engines and have a habit of sticking with what they know and trust.

What I like about these stats is that they show 2% of the ArchViz guys have already started to use KS in their pipeline and are not just testing it. The other interesting discovery is that 4% are testing KeyShot. Adding the two numbers together and accounting on honesty of those involved means 6% of those surveyed are using KeyShot. I would have been more interested to see which versions of KS are being used to see if the Interior Mode that KS6 offers is being picked up and increasing market share within that sector of the rendering community/industry.

Martin 

Offline Esben Oxholm

Re: 2016 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:03:33 am »
Very interesting survey. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Will Gibbons

Re: 2016 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:44:09 am »
Thanks for sharing! Really appreciate seeing more stats/surveys on the industry as a whole. I had the chance to interact with some Arch/Civil Engineering people at Autodesk University this year and those who stopped by the booth left impressed with KeyShot. I'd be interested as Martin said to know how many are utilizing KS6 interior mode.