Random stuff ( + The chosen one )

Started by Hossein Alfideh, January 09, 2017, 12:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Awesome stuff as always Hossein! As usual, I'm a little late to the party, but I'd thought I'd give my +1 anyway. It's been a joy to see both yourself and Nicolas progress the way you have. Exponential development!

I think I like the happy pills the best in this round, being that I'm a sucker for those close up shots:)

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 01, 2017, 02:33:13 PM
Awesome stuff as always Hossein! As usual, I'm a little late to the party, but I'd thought I'd give my +1 anyway. It's been a joy to see both yourself and Nicolas progress the way you have. Exponential development!

I think I like the happy pills the best in this round, being that I'm a sucker for those close up shots:)

I really appreciate it Magnus.Thanks for your kind words. ;)

bdesign

Another great set of images, Hossein! I think the Happy Pills closeup is also my favorite. +1 with Marco (@LayC42) on the chair & table saturation. Seems to me they would be more sun/weather bleached from having been up there for a while as a secret little getaway spot. +1 also with Will on perhaps increasing the DOF a bit. Also, perhaps slightly alter the position of the table so that the legs (feet) don't appear almost tangent to the edge of the blurred out wall in the foreground. But, this is all minor and subjective stuff...great renders!

Cheers,
Eric

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: bdesign on February 03, 2017, 01:25:37 AM
Another great set of images, Hossein! I think the Happy Pills closeup is also my favorite. +1 with Marco (@LayC42) on the chair & table saturation. Seems to me they would be more sun/weather bleached from having been up there for a while as a secret little getaway spot. +1 also with Will on perhaps increasing the DOF a bit. Also, perhaps slightly alter the position of the table so that the legs (feet) don't appear almost tangent to the edge of the blurred out wall in the foreground. But, this is all minor and subjective stuff...great renders!

Cheers,
Eric

Hi Eric,Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. :)

Hossein Alfideh

Hi guys, this is my latest work. Esben Oxholm helped me a bit with his cool ideas on this and encouraged me to make an animation out of this scene.
as I'm not an expert in making animations,I have started learning a couple of other softwares to make something.
this still shot is for now and I'll be back on the animation in near future.I would appreciate any suggestions.
Hope you like it  :)

Will Gibbons

I love this. I like how you've chosen to stick with larger-scale items/scenes... something I've admittedly done none of... kind of sad. I was looking forward to seeing this as I saw the wip earlier. I think something you do well is give your renderings some love with final grading. This, in my opinion could use some... I think with the weathered textures, they look like they've been outside/at sea for quite a while... which means the sun should have desaturated the colors a bit, especially on the sky-facing surfaces. If you render this out with a geometric normals pass, use that and the select color range to further desaturate the upward-facing surfaces... would be really easy to do and I think would add a level of detail and realism.

Just my two pennies.

Esben Oxholm

This turned out great! Love the colors and lighting.

Only critic is that the wear on top of the containers seems to tile and be the same on all of them.

Looking forward to see the animation! ;)

NM-92

Great scene Hossein. +1 with the tiling textures. Other than that it looks really cool, love the colors.

Josh3D

This is cool! And all the colors work great. Nice touch in adding the car with motion blur. Really brings out the scale.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 02, 2017, 06:22:58 AM
I love this. I like how you've chosen to stick with larger-scale items/scenes... something I've admittedly done none of... kind of sad. I was looking forward to seeing this as I saw the wip earlier. I think something you do well is give your renderings some love with final grading. This, in my opinion could use some... I think with the weathered textures, they look like they've been outside/at sea for quite a while... which means the sun should have desaturated the colors a bit, especially on the sky-facing surfaces. If you render this out with a geometric normals pass, use that and the select color range to further desaturate the upward-facing surfaces... would be really easy to do and I think would add a level of detail and realism.

Just my two pennies.

Thanks Will for your constructive comment.I have to say working on big scale scenes is really fun specially when there is a pattern like how the containers sit next to each other.you're totally right about the weather.I rendered this again because of the tiling problem and I tweaked the colours a bit .the result is much better now.thanks dude. :)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 02, 2017, 07:19:26 AM
This turned out great! Love the colors and lighting.

Only critic is that the wear on top of the containers seems to tile and be the same on all of them.

Looking forward to see the animation! ;)

Thanks alot Esben,I'm really surprised that I missed it.I'm usually careful about the textures scales and their repetition.
I've fixed the tiling now.Thanks for mentioning it.

Quote from: NM-92 on March 02, 2017, 07:22:36 AM
Great scene Hossein. +1 with the tiling textures. Other than that it looks really cool, love the colors.

thank you Nico,feels great to hear it.

Quote from: Josh Mings on March 03, 2017, 10:03:25 AM
This is cool! And all the colors work great. Nice touch in adding the car with motion blur. Really brings out the scale.

really appreciate it Josh,motion blur always works for me. :D
Cheers.

Hossein Alfideh

Here is the result.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Awesome stuff Hossein. You are really rocking those large scenes! A bit of a repetitive texture in a roughness/diffuse channel there (one of the major challenges with this scale I can imagine), but overall sweet looking scene.

Edit: Of course that comment had already been covered. Nonetheless a +1.

Despot

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on March 06, 2017, 04:49:14 AM
Awesome stuff Hossein. You are really rocking those large scenes! A bit of a repetitive texture in a roughness/diffuse channel there (one of the major challenges with this scale I can imagine), but overall sweet looking scene.

Edit: Of course that comment had already been covered. Nonetheless a +1.

Thanks for the kind words Magnus.I really appreciate it.yeah I've been struggling with that tiling problem a bit then I used spots texture (inverted) as the opacity map for the weathered material to avoid the repetition. :)

Quote from: Despot on March 06, 2017, 06:13:24 AM
Great stuff Hossein :)

Hi John,thanks man! Kinda missed you and your superb work in here.

Will Gibbons