Plugin not showing up in 3dsmax.

Started by revel68, October 16, 2016, 04:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revel68

I have 3dsmax 2014 64 fully updated.

I have tried installing using the EXE twice.  I have restarted 3dsmax. I'm not seeing any .bip or indication of Keyshot in any of the exporting.

Is there a way to hand-install this into 3dsmax?

Thanks!

avp216

I am having the same issue at work.  The pc has 3ds Max 2017 and keyshot 5 installed.  I downloaded the keyshot 5 plugin and tried installing it.  Doesn't do anything.  No export, not nothing.

Hoping someone can provide help

guest84672

We don't support 3ds Max 2017 yet.

As far as the installation goes:

"First he should check that the plugin is actually installed in the right place. He should have a BIPExportR20**.gup in his 3ds max plugins folder. (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\Plugins)

If that is the case he should have the keyshot menu in max. If it is not shown he can add it through 'Customize->Customize User interface->Menus', where a 'KeyShot 6' menu item should be available in the 'Menus' list."

avp216

ahhh, no 2017 support.  I should let my superior know!

When do you think support will roll out?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

guest84672

I'm uploading it right now. Check back in about an hour.

guest84672

Actually I just checked and even the 1.3.11 version has support for Max 2017. I just uploaded a new plugin, version 1.3.12. Let us know how this one works for you.

avp216

The Keyshot version i have is 5, not 6.   I am downloading the Keyshot 5 3ds plugin and it doesn'T work :(

guest84672

Ah - I missed that part. Time to upgrade to KeyShot 6!

avp216

Haha, i informed my boss about a possible upgrade, but he said he would prefer to remain with Keyshot 5 for the moment.  Is there no hope for the older plugins?

If not, it is fine.  I have found some success with "pre-posing" the models in 3ds 2017 and exporting them as .obj files.  Doesn't always work though.  Sometimes, keyshot doesn't render shadows for such models.

Thanks for your time though :)

guest84672

Not sure - I will need to check with development.

You may want to try FBX - seems to be the better format.

avp216

Yep!  .fbx works too!  Thank you kindly ^_^