Main Menu

Headphones

Started by Alfvisions, March 21, 2017, 03:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfvisions

There is a problem with banding in the background, I know. But even using 16Bits in Ps it was still there. Any advice for further renders? Thanks!

By the way, I did not model those headphones, but I cannot find where I got them.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Looking nice!

Regarding the banding in the background: I've had luck using Filter > Noise > Add Noise.. in Photoshop to cope with it. You need just a wee bit (1-5%) to get rid of it. Make sure to stay in 16 bit mode for the filtering operations.

If you want absolutely no noise at all, you could try to use a gaussian blend on the added noise. This might make the banding reappear though, but a slight blur could take care of it.

In the example below, I had to increase the noise to 5%, since I went a bit overboard with creating the banding issue. Your problem is not as visible, so a more subtle noise (1-2%) would probably suffice.

Alfvisions

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on March 22, 2017, 01:45:39 AM
Looking nice!

Regarding the banding in the background: I've had luck using Filter > Noise > Add Noise.. in Photoshop to cope with it. You need just a wee bit (1-5%) to get rid of it. Make sure to stay in 16 bit mode for the filtering operations.

If you want absolutely no noise at all, you could try to use a gaussian blend on the added noise. This might make the banding reappear though, but a slight blur could take care of it.

In the example below, I had to increase the noise to 5%, since I went a bit overboard with creating the banding issue. Your problem is not as visible, so a more subtle noise (1-2%) would probably suffice.

Thanks for the screenshots to better understand the process. I'll try it!  :)