DaStig - Render projects

Started by DaStig, March 25, 2017, 03:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaStig

Rather new in this rendering world ... but this one looks not bad I guess ...  ::)

LayC42

It's a good point to start pushing it much further.
It's amazing to see that front shot shrinks the car. Because the rear shot has a bigger car. Also the rear shot has some lighting issues if you compare the ground shadow from the one77 with the tree shadow in the backplate image.

I'm no expert in car renders. You'll find tons of amazing examples and really helpful advices here.

And I'm sure that the help from the other users will bring some stunning images.

Cheers
Marco

DaStig

Thanx for the feedback Marco. You're right, the angle of the light is wrong, I didn't noticed it earlier.

Here's another one, guess this is slightly better when it comes to environment lighting and shadows.

DaStig

a few new renders ... car models are taken from Assetto Corsa, rims and tires I got from Grabcab, the custom background and environment settings are taken from the internet.

Ferrari 250 California

Bugatti Chiron

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DaStig on June 06, 2017, 12:09:52 PM
the custom background and environment settings are taken from the internet.

Be careful with this one. Google image search has a filter you can apply to show only images depending on usage rights. It's a great tool to stay in the clear. Just a good reminder for all of us as we create our images.

That said, I really like the Ferrari. The tessellation around the headlight seems a tad jagged, but composition, color and lighting is quite nice! I look forward to seeing more from you.

DaStig

Hey Will,

Thanx for the feedback.

I wasn't aware of that option on Google Image search. I'll keep it in mind.

About that tessellation on the headlights, I noticed that too. The model is unedited from Assetto Corsa. I only changed the rims and tires. But, yes, it doesn't look as it could ...

Here's another render. Model is from taken from a mod from Euro Truck Simulator, along with some other custom parts. The livery paintjob is made by me.

For those who like car renders, here a a few recent ones ...

guest84672

Really good start. One comment though - the cars in pretty much all renderings look too big relative to the backplate you are using.

Will Gibbons

That last red one really pops! I like it.

syrom

Quote from: DaStig on March 25, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Rather new in this rendering world ... but this one looks not bad I guess ...  ::)

Welcome to our world! If you love this stuff you will become a master with dedication. Your car modelnis nice but yeah, needs work to trick the eye. Shadows are too sharp, and over glossy. Like your ior is too high. But good start. Brings back memory of my first car render. A lambo sitting on top of grass. Lol.... it came out awful! But its my baby. :)

DaStig

@Thomas,
You're right about that model size. In some of the renders, the car is indeed slightly too big compared to the backplate. I'll keep that in mind for upcoming renders.

@Syrom,
Not easy to get it all right when making a render. Still trying to figure out on how to make the rendered model to match with the background. In most render, the model is way sharper than the background (more blurry). If someone has some suggestions about this, please let me know.

Here are a few more recent renders. Models are taken from the game Assetto Corsa, edited in Blender before rendering.

Ferrari LaFerrari, parked outside ...

Ferrari Laferrari, at the dealership ...

Porsche 918 Spyder, at the racetrack

DaStig

Nice reflection rendering ...
* model is not made by me, so no credits for that ...

Josh3D

Love that little rabbit. Renders are looking great. I'm guessing the different color reflection is intentional? :)

DaStig

Hey Josh,

Yeah, the different reflection is intended ... but ... it's the result of some editing in Gimp, combining two renders of the same model, with different colors.

As few more renders of this "Rabbit"  8) 8)

His bigger brother ... the VW van ...

DaStig

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 14, 2017, 06:04:06 AM
That last red one really pops! I like it.

I agree with will this one of the Porsche looks like its a photograph.