Jimmy's Render Practise (+ Wooden Toy Train)

Started by JimmyToTheBe, April 12, 2017, 04:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

JimmyToTheBe

Ok so here goes. This time rendered for 360 Samples & touch of photoshop. The light has really come out so much more with the longer render this time. Starting to feel more real and atmospeheric  ;D

Make sure to check out the Full Res Image!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Really, really nice mood, and I really admire the table material. You nailed gloomy, that's for sure!

Matt Hanzly

Nice job, that table material is really good.

leo de brito

Mate, this image is amazing. I´m working my self some interior renders and your image really inspired me to go on working on it. I love the mood, and the interior light fits very well with the outside image. Congrats!! I´ve downloaded it to my inspirational folder images.

Will Gibbons

Beautiful. The way you handled the light in the last post is much better than before!

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: leo de brito on March 23, 2018, 09:54:23 AM
Mate, this image is amazing. I´m working my self some interior renders and your image really inspired me to go on working on it. I love the mood, and the interior light fits very well with the outside image. Congrats!! I´ve downloaded it to my inspirational folder images.

Wow Thanks Leo! Glad I could be the one to kickstart your work progression. Interiors are the most difficult renders I find to get right. Because there's always something that doesn't quite look like it's real enough. Aim for realism as much as possible. And lighting is always the main element for a nice render.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 26, 2018, 10:59:38 AM
Beautiful. The way you handled the light in the last post is much better than before!

Sweeet! Thanks Will means a lot.

JimmyToTheBe

New post for #renderweekly on week 7. The challenge to only use simple geometric shapes to model a product. With childrens toys around the house I thought about modelling a simple toy train.

Making use of the material graph for a nice worn/used wood texture. Refer to Material Graph image for your own reference.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedesignformula/

Eric Summers

Love the colors! And the scratches are a nice touch. I really like that all of the parts have a different wood grain size and position.

cjwidd

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on March 20, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
Ok so here goes. This time rendered for 360 Samples & touch of photoshop. The light has really come out so much more with the longer render this time. Starting to feel more real and atmospeheric  ;D

A little hyperbolic, but I think this is the best interior render I've seen with Keyshot, really nice atmosphere and composition

Finema

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: cjwidd on May 16, 2018, 09:36:52 AM
Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on March 20, 2018, 09:50:10 AM

A little hyperbolic, but I think this is the best interior render I've seen with Keyshot, really nice atmosphere and composition

Wow Thanks cjwidd, that is a huge compliment. :)