Jimmy's Render Practise (+ Wooden Toy Train)

Started by JimmyToTheBe, April 12, 2017, 04:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

Hi All,

Again it's been a while since my last post, thought I needed to make some progress and keep myself in the know. This first post to reboot my render practice is from one of Esben's tutorials on material graphs esbenoxholm.dk/diy/. Found this super informative and realised the true potential behind the customisation.

Model from threedscans.com again very cool use of stock models for playing with materials because of all the details.

Give me shout on any further pointers.

Josh3D

Nice work Jimmy. Great to see you back! Esben's tuts are great aren't they?

JimmyToTheBe

Ok back for more...this time with Keyshot 7. Loving the new features and added options. Still loads to explore.

A quick lunchtime render of a Mazda MX-5 from Viz People. Took a little playing with the geometry to sort out the lights but not too bad. With a little added Photoshop to make it more dramatic. Always hard to get a car looking right with a backdrop, may need to keep working on it.

Link here for free model: http://www.blog.viz-people.com/blog/free-3d-model-mazda-mx-5/

JimmyToTheBe

Here's another render test for the Mazda MX5. This time on a background image of the Silverstone Circuit (My home town). Using some Photoshop just to add motion to the image and the render having some motion blur option for the wheels. Just a low-res version for now but I'll work on a better image for later.

JimmyToTheBe

Higher res this time with a driver in the seat, which would make more sense   :o

JimmyToTheBe

I have started to look into some vegetation models and came across this neat Mint plant in a pot. It is available with textures from here:
http://www.blog.viz-people.com/blog/free-3d-model-mint/

Doesn't look as good as the vray version in the preview yet but I'll get it there.

jet1990

i think if you let it render a while longer and add a little more context to the scene rather than a plain background along with some DOF it will be on par with the vray render

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: jet1990 on September 05, 2017, 05:30:16 AM
i think if you let it render a while longer and add a little more context to the scene rather than a plain background along with some DOF it will be on par with the vray render

Yeah I think so. This is just a screenshot which I left running. I'll need to find a nice backdrop maybe.

JimmyToTheBe

Found a really nice model of the Centenario. Felt the urge to render this beast. Very basic context but still quite effective. Must work on this a bit more.

Josh3D

JimmyToTheBe

This time I managed to put in the effort to give it more context. The backdrop, which is from Maground.com, is a little low res but I photoshopped it a bit by adding some more contrast and sharpness. Let me know what you think.

JimmyToTheBe

As I was pondering the net for a model of a Google VR head set I came across sketchfab.com and they're array of free 3d scanned stuff. This gave me an idea to see if they work well in keyshot. I used a landscape scan and one of my scanned 3d people. The effect is really amazing with some camera f-stop.

Josh3D

I do like the background in the lambo shot, but yeah, a touch low-res. That green pops man.

Hossein Alfideh

Perfect work on the Lambo!I really like that body color.Is there any chance you can tell me where did you get the model?I really like to give it a try.  :)

JimmyToTheBe

QuotePerfect work on the Lambo!I really like that body color.Is there any chance you can tell me where did you get the model?I really like to give it a try.  :)

Thanks Hossein. I found it on Grabcad, Link below:
https://grabcad.com/library/lamborghini-centenario-roadster-2017-1