Main Menu

Still Life

Started by Brian Townsend, February 10, 2011, 08:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Townsend

Still a work in progress.

Fun fact: The orange texture came from a real orange from Thomas Teger's desk :) 

justindustrial

Wowzers... This, my friends, is a professional at work. What profession are you in?

guest84672

Brian is Digital Media Artist at Luxion. We only employ the best.

cadlink

Hi,

Could you offer us the .bip file for our webinars ?
It will help us to sell KeyShot.
Philippe
CADLINK

Brian Townsend

Hi Philippe,

We are actually planning a webinar for next week using this scene.  We are still tuning a few things but plan on making this publicly available in the coming week for users to have for reference along with the webinar.  I will let you know once it is ready for download.

Brian

Brian Townsend

Took it a little bit further.  Fingerprints on the glass, napkin ring and bowl, as well as a thin layer of dust on the table - with a familiar logo formed in the dust ;).  The fingerprints are applied as png files with transparency through the labels system.

PhilippeV8

Hmmz ... dirty bowl and dirty table ... you guys should clean ! :p

keisuh

waters

Very nice work. The grain on the table is not very realistic though. For my furniture renderings I am building a library of high resolution shots of different species, stained and finished in my favorite stains. The wood in this rendering has a very open grain and needs a texture to match. The idea is similar to using the orange peel to render the orange.

PhilippeV8

I agree.  This wood-texture looks more like laminated sheet on MDF.

guest84672

I think it only uses a texture, not a bump map.

justindustrial

Has anyone else noticed that the orange is actually orange-shaped, and not just a sphere?? Brilliant.

DBKeyshot

Today's webinar was excellent. There were some great tips. It goes to show it does pay off to have a good attention to detail when it comes to textures. You nearly lost me with all the gamma adjustments, but I will try it out.

guest84672

Glad you liked it - thanks for the kind words!

Brian Townsend

Hi DB,

Glad you enjoyed the webinar!  If you end up trying some of the gamma tips feel free to post them if you run into any trouble and we'll help you out.  You can also drop us an e-mail anytime at 'support@luxion.com'.  Here is the download link to the webinar if you want to go back and review anything we covered. Also, here is the link to download the example scene. It's in .ksp format (keyshot package), so make sure you are on the latest version of KeyShot.  Enjoy!

http://www.keyshot.com/wp-content/uploads/webinars/working_with_textures.zip

http://www.keyshot.com/wp-content/uploads/scenes/Still_life.ksp

Brian