Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

Quote from: rfollett on August 31, 2017, 12:52:50 PM
Thanks for all the detail.. what PC you rendering on?

I bought a PC from Boxx recently to help with my rendering since I work from home now.
It has an 8 core - Intel i7-7820X Processor at 3.6GHz (this makes 16 cores in Keyshot)
32 gigs DDR4 RAM
2gb NVIDIA Quadro P600 Graphics card

From what I've talked to the support team at Luxion about; rendering is all about the amount of cores. I wanted to buy something with more, but it starts getting pricey, and I'm still young.

rfollett

cool - thank you - been looking at the new AMD Ryzen 1700x chip.. well worth the money.. Can you remember how long the kitchen render took?

JonWelch

Quote from: rfollett on August 31, 2017, 01:32:11 PM
cool - thank you - been looking at the new AMD Ryzen 1700x chip.. well worth the money.. Can you remember how long the kitchen render took?

Cool cool, the render I set for a Timed render of 3 hours and threw it in a queue with a bunch of other renders and left it over night, It looked good enough when I saw it the next morning, so that's what I kept. Then I did some minor Photoshop adjustments.

mattjgerard

I'm looking at a couple of Threadripper boxes for tossing on the network here at work. They seem to be the way to go, all they would be is for rendering, run headless, shove them in a rack mount and pound them hard with Keyshot XR renders. I'm looking for reasons NOT to go the Threadripper route, but  Its hard finding reasons not to. I'm waiting a bit to see what my budget is, and if the threadrippers die off after being run at 100% for 6 months.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: JonWelch on August 29, 2017, 06:41:30 AM
Just finished this kitchen concept rendering for some practice. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but i really love Interior Mode. Looking forward to any feedback from you guys.

Beautiful colors. Great final image.

rfollett

did you need to add area light planes over all the windows? or is the scene all lit from just the HDRI?

JonWelch

Quote from: rfollett on September 11, 2017, 03:59:11 AM
did you need to add area light planes over all the windows? or is the scene all lit from just the HDRI?

Sorry I haven't got back to you on this. But, no, I did't add any Area Light Panels anywhere, the scene is lit strictly from the HDRI.

JonWelch

Just some new renders I have squeezed in for practice recently, let me know what you all think. Trying to get better at these interiors and different styles of shots.

rfollett

JonWelch

Quote from: rfollett on September 16, 2017, 07:50:13 AM
Bathroom very cool! Great lighting.. HDR only?

Yep, most of the lighting comes from the HDRI. There are lights inside the chandelier and pendant bulbs, but they don't add a whole lot to the overall lighting.

rfollett

JonWelch

Quote from: rfollett on September 16, 2017, 08:27:20 AM
Closed room with interior mode? One big window?

Yes, using interior mode, the room is almost closed, except for a doorway that is behind the camera. Some light comes in through there as well, but only what is coming from the back of the HDRI.

Speedster

The bathroom is stunning!  What really makes it pop is your unusual vantage point.  We get so used to seeing things at eye level, this is really refreshing!
Bill G

JonWelch

Quote from: Speedster on September 16, 2017, 01:46:41 PM
The bathroom is stunning!  What really makes it pop is your unusual vantage point.  We get so used to seeing things at eye level, this is really refreshing!
Bill G

Thanks Bill, I liked the vantage point as well, I wanted to really accentuate the high vaulted ceiling and sort of give a feeling of grandeur to the space.

Will Gibbons

Wow! That bathroom is lovely. Way to nail the metering/exposure. Always helps to sell an interior when you get the contrast between the interior/exterior lighting.