Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjwidd

JonWelch

Just a few renders I did the past couple days to kill time. Trying to get better at speed, composition, and post-production. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated

rfollett

Josh3D

DriesV

Loving the image with what must be a tractor beam flower.

Dries

Magnus Skogsfjord

I can't pick a favorite among any of the shots you have here I think. A lot of really solid pieces of work. Very nicely done all over!

Will Gibbons

JonWelch

Here's a new shot I finished up last night using KS6. I'm hoping to upgrade to KS7 soon because after that competition - I so badly want it. I was given this wine decanter as a wedding gift and loved the curvature of it...so naturally I had to model it. I setup this little scene to go along with it inspired by some images I've seen online. As always, feel free to comment/critique.

Will Gibbons

Magnus Skogsfjord

+1 to Wills comment. Really beautiful. Do I spy a modeled meniscus in those liquid surfaces too?

JonWelch

Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 26, 2017, 07:48:44 AM
This is beautiful. Excellent work!  8)
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 26, 2017, 09:04:51 AM
+1 to Wills comment. Really beautiful. Do I spy a modeled meniscus in those liquid surfaces too?

Thanks guys! and Magnus: yes, you sure do. Ever since I've seen the small tutorial (however many years ago) about rendering liquids in a container, I consistently model my liquid surfaces to have a meniscus. I think it gives an overall more accurate look to the renders and its generally pretty simple to execute. So why not, right?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: JonWelch on October 26, 2017, 10:15:26 AM
Thanks guys! and Magnus: yes, you sure do. Ever since I've seen the small tutorial (however many years ago) about rendering liquids in a container, I consistently model my liquid surfaces to have a meniscus. I think it gives an overall more accurate look to the renders and its generally pretty simple to execute. So why not, right?
Yes, I do the same! It's a small detail I love, and I put some extra love in those for a wine table i modeled up earlier this year.  Why not indeed.

Josh3D

JonWelch

I wanted to take a crack at a render with coffee art because I've seen a lot of artists on here do it and it always looks great. Put it together fairly quick, but I'm overall happy with it. As always, comments and critiques are welcome.

cjwidd