Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Nice! I've yet to do any legit car renderings. I know they're usually a tough subject.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Really really nice. I like the first Bugatti better of the two!

NM-92

Thanks for the breakdown ! I've tried your image as a wallpaper and it looks great.

JonWelch

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 11, 2017, 08:33:09 AM
Nice! I've yet to do any legit car renderings. I know they're usually a tough subject.
Agreed! I am always so skeptical of my work when I render cars. They can be quite tricky.

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 12, 2017, 02:13:57 AM
Really really nice. I like the first Bugatti better of the two!
Thanks a lot man, I just wanted to try some things out and these are what I got.

Quote from: NM-92 on December 12, 2017, 03:36:57 AM
Thanks for the breakdown ! I've tried your image as a wallpaper and it looks great.
No problem Nico, hopefully it all made sense. And that's cool to hear, glad you like it!

JonWelch

Alright so this was completely inspired by Magnus Skogsfjord and his Pear Cover Up. Once I saw it, I loved it and I had to try something for myself. Please don't hate me Magnus!
And if you havent already done so, check out his original render here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=8713.msg86522#msg86522

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hate you? If anything, I'm honored! Looks awesome :D

EDIT: I want to make many more of these, but I'm having a hard time getting a hold of the miniature guys. Did you model yours yourself?

NM-92

Miniature scaffold render contest ! haha, looks great man. I'm curious about the little workers models too.

JonWelch

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 15, 2017, 09:49:51 AM
Hate you? If anything, I'm honored! Looks awesome :D

EDIT: I want to make many more of these, but I'm having a hard time getting a hold of the miniature guys. Did you model yours yourself?
Quote from: NM-92 on December 15, 2017, 10:41:38 AM
Miniature scaffold render contest ! haha, looks great man. I'm curious about the little workers models too.

Thanks guys!
So no, I did not model these myself. When I was setting it up yesterday I did a quick google search for "free construction workers 3d model" and the first link brought me to Archive3d. Its not the best site, but for something like this, the models worked okay. Here's a link to the construction workers specifically: https://archive3d.net/?tag=Worker
But they do have more models of people that could work for you depending on what you need them for.
It'll be cool to see if you end up doing anymore shots like these. I had a few other idea's I might have to try when I get a chance.

Hossein Alfideh

I have to try this myself!
Excellent work man!

Will Gibbons

I smell a tasty new themed thread... inspired by Magnus' pear image. Could be cool to see a handful of these.

Great use of the procedural wood there, Jon!

JonWelch

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on December 18, 2017, 07:22:18 AM
I have to try this myself!
Excellent work man!
Thanks Hossein :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 18, 2017, 07:36:36 AM
I smell a tasty new themed thread... inspired by Magnus' pear image. Could be cool to see a handful of these.

Great use of the procedural wood there, Jon!
Thanks Will. This was one of the first times I used procedural wood, and I have to say, it really worked great.

JonWelch

Saw this model in stores and decided I had to try rendering it. I built everything based off dimensions and reference images online, so it's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it's turning out. As always, let me know what you all think.  :)

Will Gibbons

Quite nice!

Couple thoughts. The iPhone threw me off... I wasn't sure what it was for quite a while. Viewed smaller, it's confusing. I don't think it needs to be there at all.

Other thought: Should the grille area be a soft material? I think it reads as a hard/metal surface and from what I associate with Marshall amps/speakers is the tradition and how I'd expect it to have a soft fabric grille. What do you think?

Overall, it's a great image and model! I really like the cable coming down the side. I know those can be a bit more effort to model.

JonWelch

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 20, 2017, 07:21:40 AM
Quite nice!

Couple thoughts. The iPhone threw me off... I wasn't sure what it was for quite a while. Viewed smaller, it's confusing. I don't think it needs to be there at all.

Other thought: Should the grille area be a soft material? I think it reads as a hard/metal surface and from what I associate with Marshall amps/speakers is the tradition and how I'd expect it to have a soft fabric grille. What do you think?

Overall, it's a great image and model! I really like the cable coming down the side. I know those can be a bit more effort to model.
Thanks for the feedback Will!

So for the phone, I didn't realize it was hard to decipher, but I guess that's what happens when you setup a scene knowing all the working pieces to it.

As for the grill, I'm surprised it looks like a hard/metal surface, because all the materials there are very soft. I found some great close up shots of the grill and tried to replicate the look. Perhaps I need to go back and revisit those materials.

Robb63

I happen to have the Stanmore sitting on my desk.
I think the thing that might be throwing off the grill is that it is very slightly wavy in meat space
Here's the one sitting next to me right now.