Main Menu

Material refresh

Started by Eric Summers, January 24, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

I have noticed a bug when starting up KeyShot. If I pick a recent scene to open before the KeyShot Material Refresh finishes, KeyShot will crash. If I wait until the material refresh finishes, no problem. I have noticed it on Windows 7 & 10.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Eric Summers on January 24, 2018, 09:13:37 AM
I have noticed a bug when starting up KeyShot. If I pick a recent scene to open before the KeyShot Material Refresh finishes, KeyShot will crash. If I wait until the material refresh finishes, no problem. I have noticed it on Windows 7 & 10.

Are you running the latest 7.2 release? If not, I'd try to verify once more that this still happens. If so, I'll report the issue.

Eric Summers

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 31, 2018, 10:42:27 AM
Are you running the latest 7.2 release? If not, I'd try to verify once more that this still happens. If so, I'll report the issue.

Hi Will,

I double checked and I'm running 7.2.109 across the board. I did a little more testing to see exactly when this happens. It seems that KeyShot stops working when I pick a recent scene while the material refresh is going on and I get the error: "Already initialized external material library". If that error doesn't show up KeyShot keeps working fine.

Will Gibbons

That's interesting. Would you mind sharing that with support@luxion.com if you haven't already? I haven't run into this myself so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one.

HaroldL

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 02, 2018, 10:15:07 AM
That's interesting. Would you mind sharing that with support@luxion.com if you haven't already? I haven't run into this myself so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one.
Today at work I started seeing that same message in the Keyshot log pop up. I'd start KS and select the scene from the Recent list before the material libraries had completed updating and up came the log pop up. I haven't had my KS updated yet to 7.2 (waiting on IT and they are swamped). Next week I'll see about getting updated and try it again.
I did notify Support about it but had not heard back by the time I left work.