Adamantem - Chair Design Concept

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, September 16, 2018, 09:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi guys,

After an instagram challenge (Renderweekly), where the task was to model and render one of Nick Bakers chair sketches, I was inspired to design and put in a chair in my portfolio. I wanted to pursue a rough idea I had in my head for a while to design it using a basic shape (circle/recangle) as as a base/ground up shape to sweep more complex shapes from it, and at the same time give it a fairly simplistic and clean scandinavian feel.

I call this chair Adamantem (latin for Diamond) due to the cross section of the legs being a diamond shape. If you're interested in reading more you can check it out here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/70191423/Adamantem-Chair-Concept

Designed/modeled in NX and rendered in KeyShot.

rgephart

Amazing!!!  Love the wood texture and detail in the legs & armrest.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

You've got some interesting work there! Close-Up shots are killers! :) .... Looks cozy!

Eric Summers

Wow! As usual, your lighting is incredible Magnus! The legs are very interesting; I wouldn't mind having a few of these in my house!

scanner

This is cool Magnus! Amazing detail and lightning.

RRIS

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: rgephart on September 17, 2018, 07:09:50 AM
Amazing!!!  Love the wood texture and detail in the legs & armrest.
>
Super! Glad to hear that, thanks!

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on September 17, 2018, 08:11:53 AM
You've got some interesting work there! Close-Up shots are killers! :) .... Looks cozy!
Glad to hear you think so Pouya! Thank you for the compliment! : )

Quote from: Eric Summers on September 17, 2018, 01:56:15 PM
Wow! As usual, your lighting is incredible Magnus! The legs are very interesting; I wouldn't mind having a few of these in my house!
Cheers Eric! Thank you for your kind compliments. And it's interesting that you say that, as I'm currently in an evaluation process to see if I'm going to refine these ones further to bring into the real world. So I'll take any feedback I can get on that.

Quote from: scanner on September 17, 2018, 05:48:24 PM
This is cool Magnus! Amazing detail and lightning.
Thank you! Appreciate it!

Quote from: RRIS on September 18, 2018, 12:13:09 AM
top job!
Thanks! Glad to hear it.

DMerz III

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hossein Alfideh

Perfect design and very nice presentation of your work!! I belive beside the design process,how you manage to introduce your product is outstanding and really appealing! Well done buddy!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on September 19, 2018, 04:29:28 PM
Perfect design and very nice presentation of your work!! I belive beside the design process,how you manage to introduce your product is outstanding and really appealing! Well done buddy!
Hah, I realize it's not a perfect design, but I'm happy to hear people see the potential with the concept! A lot has to be done to refine the design before it's reasonable to make a prototype.

However, I really appreciate the kind words man. Thank you!

Zy0n

What kind of material is the felt like fabric? I m looking to create something like that...

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Zy0n on October 09, 2018, 04:28:55 AM
What kind of material is the felt like fabric? I m looking to create something like that...
It is one of the wool materials from poliigon.com. I think there's only two available if memory serves me right. See attached material graph, nothing fancy (maybe except for a subtle displacement for that extra fuzzy feeling) : )

Zy0n

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 09, 2018, 04:50:42 AM
Quote from: Zy0n on October 09, 2018, 04:28:55 AM
It is one of the wool materials from poliigon.com. I think there's only two available if memory serves me right. See attached material graph, nothing fancy (maybe except for a subtle displacement for that extra fuzzy feeling) : )

Thanks  ;)

rembem

Looking nice! Like the detail shots with the depth of field