I know the deadline has past but...

Started by LM6, October 01, 2018, 06:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

I know this won't count... but, ive never been able to get anything I really liked using the Bubbles feature so I couldn't resist having a quick play with what David (DMerz III) discovered yesterday that you can plug .vdb files into the 'Bubbles' node density input.

So I generated a quick mushroom cloud VDB via C4D/XParticles, plugged it in and had a play.

Bubbles, for me, has now turned into a weird version of particle (static) advection and a mograph cloner. I hope they add VDB animation and custom shapes in the future.

Cheers

Peter

DriesV

This looks... delicious. I want to eat it.

Dries

LM6

DriesV

Btw, this is still a valid entry.
The deadline passes only tonight, latest timezone.

So still plenty of time to go nuts!

Dries

LM6

Really, I thought it ended last night..

Iam going for the most entries prize hahaha..might do another later, its turning into an 'Everyday' thing

DMerz III

Quote from: LM6 on October 01, 2018, 06:44:06 AM
I know this won't count... but, ive never been able to get anything I really liked using the Bubbles feature so I couldn't resist having a quick play with what David (DMerz III) discovered yesterday that you can plug .vdb files into the 'Bubbles' node density input.

So I generated a quick mushroom cloud VDB via C4D/XParticles, plugged it in and had a play.

Bubbles, for me, has now turned into a weird version of particle (static) advection and a mograph cloner. I hope they add VDB animation and custom shapes in the future.

Cheers

Peter

Peter, thanks for the shout out! This is a sick application of that method, love the details and the colors you're pulling.