Texture Map animation

Started by BasTel, November 07, 2018, 05:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasTel

Hi guys,

I have another question about texture animation.
As I saw in this earlier post --> https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13470.0  it should be possible to animate the position of the texture map via number fade.
But I can't get the number fade into my texture map input. What am I missing.
I can animate the glossiness of the cylinder fading from brushed to shiny via a color-gradient that moves but not the fine line that should act as an edge being put in the bump chanel.

Can somebody help me out on this?

Thanks!
Sebastian

BasTel

Hey again,

I worked around the problem by animating a mesh pattern used as "line".
But I am still wondering how to number fade a simple texture map.

bdesign

Hi Sebastian-

I did the texture animation in the post you referenced, in KeyShot 6. The parameters for the Texture Map node have changed since then; "Shift X" and "Shift Y" are now "Shift U" and "Shift V", and no longer allow inputs for animation nodes. However, if a material  created in KeyShot 6 is imported into KS8, the Texture Map node will come in as "Legacy", and the old parameters will be available. If you don't have a KS6 material available to import, let me know, and I will upload one here for you. Or, you could find one on the KeyShot Cloud.

Cheers,
Eric

BasTel

Hi Eric,

that's good to know.
I'm working on KS 7 right now. For this project I'm fine with my workaround, but for further jobs I'll have a look at the cloud or will ask you for you help, thanks for the offer.

Sebastian

Merijn

Quote from: bdesign on November 07, 2018, 09:14:24 AM
Hi Sebastian-

I did the texture animation in the post you referenced, in KeyShot 6. The parameters for the Texture Map node have changed since then; "Shift X" and "Shift Y" are now "Shift U" and "Shift V", and no longer allow inputs for animation nodes. However, if a material  created in KeyShot 6 is imported into KS8, the Texture Map node will come in as "Legacy", and the old parameters will be available. If you don't have a KS6 material available to import, let me know, and I will upload one here for you. Or, you could find one on the KeyShot Cloud.

Cheers,
Eric

Hi Eric,

I am coping with the same problem in KS8. I don't understand why this feature was removed from KS..
I cannot find a moving texture on the KScloud, could you share yours?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Merijn