[RESOLVED] SolidWorks plugin crashing SolidWorks

Started by Speedster, December 28, 2018, 10:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Got a problem...

I use SolidWorks 2014 for most of my work, as my clients have not upgraded.

When I installed KeyShot 8.1.59, SolidWorks now crashes with import or update.  I had (have) the SW>KS7 installed, and it worked fine before the new KeyShot update.

I downloaded and installed the SW>KS8 plugin (it sits side-by-side with the KS7 on the tool tray), and it still crashes.  I know the update notice says it's for SW 15 to 19, which I have but don't use, but the 7, which worked before, and 8 plugins both crashes SolidWorks now.

I really depend on the Update feature.

Any clues?

Bill G

Ian Reymond

Hello Speedster,

Thank you for your post.
Could you please email us at support@luxion.com so we can share the latest version of the plugin with you to see if that fixes the issue you are seeing.

Quote from: Speedster on December 28, 2018, 10:53:55 AM
Got a problem...

I use SolidWorks 2014 for most of my work, as my clients have not upgraded.

When I installed KeyShot 8.1.59, SolidWorks now crashes with import or update.  I had (have) the SW>KS7 installed, and it worked fine before the new KeyShot update.

I downloaded and installed the SW>KS8 plugin (it sits side-by-side with the KS7 on the tool tray), and it still crashes.  I know the update notice says it's for SW 15 to 19, which I have but don't use, but the 7, which worked before, and 8 plugins both crashes SolidWorks now.

I really depend on the Update feature.

Any clues?

Bill G

Bruno F

SolidWorks crashes when exporting your models via the KeyShot plugin are often the result of unsupported data or errors in the data conversion. Luxion Inc, releases new plugin versions a couple times a year. I suggest staying up to date with the plugins for your KeyShot version.

Download Plugins (Latest Release)
Download Plugins (Older Versions)

If you find that the lastest plugin still fails for you, send us the assembly (and all contained parts) to support@luxion.com. In the meantime, you can import the assembly file or an exported STEP file directly into KeyShot. For details and additional workarounds, click here.

Edit: There have been no replies to this post for more than two weeks, therefore, it has been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team