KeyShot Package Export Problems

Started by br3ttman, January 11, 2019, 08:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

Yesterday I created a KeyShot Package to share a copy of my work with marketing.  I then worked on my scene for a couple hours, closed out, and then reopened it later in the day.  Upon reopening, I found most of my textures were missing.  Turns out the when I exported the package, KeyShot "moved" my textures files into the package rather than "copying" them.  Once I figured it out, I was able to open the package to gain access to the textures and copy them back into my working directory, but then I still had to remap each texture by reopening/relinking them and I also had to resize a couple of them.  Lost nearly an hour trying to get back where I was.   :(

Is there a way to create a KeyShot Package and "copy" the textures into the file, not "move" them?  I've looked through KeyShot's various settings but can't seem to find that option.  I'm working in Windows 7.

Thanks!

violetevergarden7511

You can copy and paste the position of one object to the position of another object. You will find Copy Position and Paste Position options when you right-click a model in the Scene tab.

~violet evergarden
mathway myanimelist birthday wishes

Ian Reymond

br3ttj
Thank you for your post.
It seems like you are experiencing difficulties with KeyShot. To better assist you, I'll need to gather additional information.

Computer make and specs:

• Windows/Mac OS Version
  • Graphics Card Model
  • Processor Model[/]
Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.1.80)
CAD Software and version or year (if applicable).
Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing (if applicable).

• Open KeyShot Scene
  • Go to Project, Camera and add a camera
  • etc...
Screenshot(s) showing the issue that you are seeing (if applicable).

Quote from: br3ttj on January 11, 2019, 08:43:53 AM
Yesterday I created a KeyShot Package to share a copy of my work with marketing.  I then worked on my scene for a couple hours, closed out, and then reopened it later in the day.  Upon reopening, I found most of my textures were missing.  Turns out the when I exported the package, KeyShot "moved" my textures files into the package rather than "copying" them.  Once I figured it out, I was able to open the package to gain access to the textures and copy them back into my working directory, but then I still had to remap each texture by reopening/relinking them and I also had to resize a couple of them.  Lost nearly an hour trying to get back where I was.   :(

Is there a way to create a KeyShot Package and "copy" the textures into the file, not "move" them?  I've looked through KeyShot's various settings but can't seem to find that option.  I'm working in Windows 7.

Thanks!