Candle Holder Rendering probleme with Candle Flame

Started by Orhun Unal, February 17, 2019, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orhun Unal

Hello everyone,

I try to render my candle holder but I have problem with candle flame.I used Scattering Medium and fire.vdb for candle flame and I used point light for light source you can see in the first image but it is not look like real. How can I create candle flame do I need to use 3d model like in the second image but when I use 3d modeled frame I can't give the flame appearance like on the image I get result like third image. My scene setup like fourth image. Do you have suggestions for that probably I will render without scattering medium I'll just use point lights and add flames with photoshop.

Thanks for your answers and interests.

Öner

sometimes you must use the other programs and device such as photoshop, sketchbook pro and wacom.  i think this is the shortest way to me, to make it well.

INNEO_MWo

I like that solution using a vdb on a scattering medium. But attached you'll find a simple solution. It is not perfect but I hope you'll getting the idea.
This worked since KeyShot 6. In the last image the graphic in the opacity channel is mapped as view direction over a self made IES profile. (but a pointlight or two spotlights should do the same)

DMerz III

Search the forums for 'flame', I know I've seen some good results on here before. I believe there was someone who used the XRay shader to get a really interesting result!

Found it;

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13510.msg67855#msg67855