NM Render Thread // 2019 (+ Anchor / Space Core)

Started by NM-92, August 27, 2019, 06:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hey there. I've decided to start a new thread and throw everything in here. I've been exploring and learning Blender with online courses and recently i began to make some tests with rigid body simulation. I made some EMINEMS  ;D. Hope you like it !

NM-92

Fiiiiinaaaaaally i could get some time to enter Render Weekly ! This is the first time i actually enter the competition after watching and watching. It was really fun to make it and i hope to participate more. I reimagined Zarki's concept and mixed it a bit with the Lost series. Hope you like it.

Hossein Alfideh

NM-92

NM-92

Hey forum. I've found an awesome model of an astronaut in Behance (link: https://www.behance.net/gallery/50179455/DISCOVERY-(FREE-3D-MODEL-DOWNLOAD)?tracking_source=for_you_activity) and decided to try and make an awesome shot with a basic setup during my lunch break.

My goal is to show you how an extremely simple scene setup can lead to great results. This is just a background plane for the backplate (using this instead of the image as a backplate image lets me tweak and adjust it with a colour adjust node and also the DoF works for the whole scene), a disc with an opacity map for the turquoise glow and a camera with DoF activated. That's it.

This was just an hour work, exploring hdris and barely tweaking some materials. I hope you like it. Go ahead and try to make this quick personal challenges, they can be a valuable source for learning new workflows and techniques.

Cheers and sorry for the long text.

Eric Summers

Woah, that's really cool! Thanks for the explanation!

TGS808

From the finished image, no one would guess how economical that astronaut set-up is. You nailed it. It's super cool.

NM-92

Magnus Skogsfjord

Lovely results on this Nicolas. Easy to forget that shortcuts can be just as good as the heavy duty works! Great example on that.

EDIT: Also, finally someone who visualized Eminems. Love it!

NM-92

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on September 23, 2019, 04:39:08 AM
Lovely results on this Nicolas. Easy to forget that shortcuts can be just as good as the heavy duty works! Great example on that.

EDIT: Also, finally someone who visualized Eminems. Love it!

Thanks. I love finding this kind of shortcuts or getarounds. Useful to keep them in mind, can save a lot of time.

Chad Holton

Nice work! The Eminems made me chuckle. Great tip as well with the astronaut scene.

NM-92

Quote from: Chad Holton on September 26, 2019, 06:30:40 AM
Nice work! The Eminems made me chuckle. Great tip as well with the astronaut scene.

Thanks Chad !

NM-92

Just a ring doodle i made some time ago, modeled in Rhinoceros.

NM-92

Hey there. This is my entry for the Well Beings render contest. I tried to represent the concepts calm and relief by showcasing the product over some balanced rocks i modeled in Blender. Bottom rocks are a Quixel free scan that i repeated and scaled. Out of focus plants are downlaoded models and the background is just a simple image applied over a plane (this way the DoF works). There's some post work to get god rays and tweak contrast/shadows. I hope you like it !

Chad Holton

Cool concept! Rocks turned out real nice. How'd you do the vapor/mist?