I need help ...

Started by designgestalt, October 16, 2019, 09:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

dear shooters,
I have to make an animation, which is anyway not my strong side and so there are a few problems that I currently run into...

any help is highly appreciated !!

1) I need to start with the product lit from the back. only a small light rim of a black shape against a black background. the light intensity increases until the product is "swallowed" by the light ...
I had to realize, that I cannot animate the environment, which would have maybe been the easiest option... or am I missing something?
I tried spotlight, Pointlight and emissive with very mixed results. I had to increase the light intensity to "swallow" the product up to a point, where I have fireflies that even 1000 samples could not resolve.
the most promising results I recived with a spotlight with increasing beam angle and increasing radius. But I had to crank up the lumen that high, that I have way to hard contrasts .
An emissive with a high bloom radius is pretty much doing exactly what I would like to have, but any idea on how I could animate the bloom radius? it would be nice to have a small radius in the beginning, than the size increases, while the light is getting brighter...
any other ideas or approaches?

I guess I will split up this thread and adress one problem at a time ....

I am very thankful for your answers ....

cheers
designgestalt

Eugen Fetsch

Do you have access to compositing/effects software like Fusion or After Effects? If yes, would animating the image brightness do the trick? (attached GIF)

In this scene I've used black environment and area lights driven by color fade nodes to light up the car and burned out the rest with a dramatic increase of the brightness in post. 

If it doesn't help and you need to do it in KS, try to place a full white emitter plane in front of your camera and drive the opacity with a number fade node. If you drive the power of the area lights with a number fade node at the same time, the emitter plane will add to the effect and "swallow" the object to full white. (BIP example attached).

designgestalt

also here:
thanks for your fast response Eugen !!!
I saw your BMW animation on the forum the other day... very nice indeed !!!
it seems I tend to make my life harder than necessary  ;D
we did still renderings for many years, the call for animated clips is just about to catch on without us pushing it ...
I guess, we have to dig way deeper into editing ....

cheers
designgestalt

Eugen Fetsch

You're welcome.
Call me if you need assistance or some training ;) We are just 150 km away from each other.

designgestalt

yes I remember from another post ...
wanted to catch up with you at keyshot world, but my customers had other plans ...
had to cancel the trip the morning I was about to leave ...
I might get back to your offer  ::)
will see how I get along ...

cheers
designgestalt