multi-material number padding

Started by smalldogstudio, February 17, 2021, 08:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalldogstudio

Hi everyone

I'm just wondering if there is a way to specify how the render file naming works when add multi-material jobs to the render queue - I have materials with 110 options and when I render them I get

image.1
image.10
image.110

I then use a renaming utility to give them their proper colour names but the order is messed up - so I need;

image.001
image.010
image.110  for example

that way the renamer works as intended - can this be done from the render / MM settings?

thanks for any input

D

mattjgerard

oh yes, this is not an option yet, but absolutely needed. I know some renaming utilities can sort numerically with out th padding and you can rename the files quickly, but yeah wouldbe nice to do in KS!

smalldogstudio

I agree of course - especially at present I've got 9 batches of products to render with 110 colours so I'm trying every way to make it more efficient!

(I'm using Advanced Renamer 3.87 for windows 10 in case it's useful to anybody for renaming - it can fix the number padding issue and then in a second pass rename to add colour names)

bw

D

mattjgerard

Quote from: smalldogstudio on February 18, 2021, 03:20:16 AM
I agree of course - especially at present I've got 9 batches of products to render with 110 colours so I'm trying every way to make it more efficient!

(I'm using Advanced Renamer 3.87 for windows 10 in case it's useful to anybody for renaming - it can fix the number padding issue and then in a second pass rename to add colour names)

bw

D

That's the one I use as well :)