KeyShot annual subscription ?

Started by Ed, November 18, 2011, 02:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I went to purchase an upgrade from Ver 2 Standard NL to Ver 3 Standard NL + Animation, and saw that an Annual Subscription is offered at $300 per year.

I don't see any explanation of what the Annual Subscription is.

In the past, incremental updates between major releases were free.  Is this no longer the case?

Jeff Hayden

Ed,

Annual subscription includes all new releases and phone in support for the prepaid year. A new release would include like a version 4, 5, etc. within the next 12 months.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ed

Thanks Jeff.  My ver 3 purchase and installation went without a hitch.

ohashi3d

BTW, does anyone who purchased Annual Subscription receive the serial code for KeyShot3!?

I purchased annual subscription, and charged twice(initial last year and this year),
but still have no information about KeyShot3 upgrade from Luxion...

Thanks in advance,
kyosen

Cliff Stanton

I am just looking at that myself. I purchased the software plus the 20% per year for 2nd and third year subscription. I have previously downloaded Keyshot3 beta and also today Keyshot 3 full version but I'm still looking for the upgrade route. I get the feeling that my existing License file should be fine but only if somewhere the allocation is logged against a subscription plan. If anyone from admin can bring some light to this subject great.

Also OT but try photographing this lineup without refections, not to mention the cost of stripping protective wrapping off and repackaging all these appliances.

Cliff Stanton

Just installed 3 and it prompts for your 2 license, it also prompts for animation license, I had assumed that 3 came with animation as a standard plugin.

Robb63

Lincat,
The animation is an upgrade ($500 I think), a lot of us had the impression because of how Beta testing went that it was included now. I didn't think it was going to be included prior to using the Beta, but thought it was after.

Cliff Stanton

Ed,
So have we lost turntable then? That's a bit naughty! We're Surely not paying 20% subscription to have utilities taken off us are we? There must be some mistake here.

Chad Holton

Hey guys,
The turntable feature is still part of the pro option with or without the animation.

Cliff Stanton

I don't see it in the version I have, I am a Pro user.

Cliff Stanton

I followed the link from the Luxion email and it directed me to the download page, is there another download page for the Pro version? I assumed it was the pro version I saw no choices offered.

Robb63

Pro user here. The button is there, but grayed out on mine. Can't see how to activate it.

Chad Holton

Sorry for the slow response guys, been a long day away from the office - Anyhow, I had a chance to test your issue; if you hit the project button and click on a camera, you will have the turntable settings there to modify and that will also make the turntable button available.

Cliff Stanton

Chad,
Thanks, I have sent off the license request. How long does the approval take? My copy is showing Demo mode. Do I have to uninstall the beta version keyshot_w64_3.0.63_beta_update before installing the keyshot_w64_3.0.78 download.

barrychatham

Cliff

I will pick this up with Garett tomorrow mate.

Barry