Job deletion when completed

Started by Blop3474, May 14, 2021, 03:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blop3474

Hello,
I'm using Keyshot 10 since the beginning of this year ... therefore, I'm still in the start of the learning curve of this great software.

One practical question (I didn't find an answer from KS Manual / Forum) :
Context : I create a long list of jobs with different config (camera, model, ...) then I launch the process of rendering. When a job is finished it's automatically deleted. So if I want to relaunch the same long list of jobs I have to recreate all jobs.
Question : Is there an option to avoid that automatic deletion of job when completed ?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

PS : sorry for my bad English ... not my native language (I'm French)

INNEO_MWo

Hello.

If you add jobs to the render queue, you'll get several files in the scenes folder in the resources location. The q.xml collects the list of jobs. And for every job, you'll find jobname.ext and jobname.ext.geom.
So, if you copy the q.xml and all *.ext and *.ext.geom files in a backup path, you can restore these files. And you'll see the entire (restored) job list, when opening the queue.

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

Blop3474

Hi INNEO_MWo,
Many thanks for your prompt reply & tip !
Now I understand better how job runs. When a job is created, they own their own resources for the rendering purpose. They become independent to the opened file in KS.
Therefore, if I want to relaunch all my jobs because I've changed parameters (light, ...) then I have to recreate them from scratch. The jobs have to rebuild their new resources re the change of the environment.
By "copy / past" the existing jobs that gives me "only" the possibility to recalculate the same rendering without taking into account my changes.
Perhaps, I should have a look to scripting feature in order to automate the job creation ... to be assessed.
Best regards

Lionel

INNEO_MWo

Bonjour Blop.

The easiest way is to prepare everything as studios. This method stores every information within the scene. And studios can be send as job to the queue.
The studios can be changed and create new jobs in the queue.

Scripting can do a lot more and can work in combination with studios. But this is a long way topic!

Hope that helps

CheerEO
Marco

Blop3474

Bonsoir INNEO,

Thanks again for your reply about studio usage. I'm going to make a try with this method to confirm its benefit in my case.

Best regards

Lionel