GPU Rendered Image issue.

Started by brahmzxc, July 08, 2021, 07:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brahmzxc

GPU Rendered Image is different( a bit noisy) than the one rendered with CPU. Is it material issue or I'm doing something wrong.
Please help because GPU rendering is faster and I don't have a fast CPU :( .

The left one is GPU rendered and right is CPU rendered image.

KristofDeHulsters

It's often that the GPU will need some more samples to get to the same level of detail than the CPU. Don't ask me why, it's the Keyshot hocus pocus that happens in the background. I would just run the region rendered with GPU, see when it reaches the right quality you are going for and then render to that sample count.

brahmzxc

okay so I have to select the region and where should I enter the values for Render Samples ? To see which value works fine.

INNEO_MWo

when you start your rendering, choose max. samples option and use that value for the entire image

brahmzxc

Okay thanks I will try this suggestion.

:) :)

brahmzxc

Also when I switch to GPU Mode it says Shader Cutaway is not supported in GPU mode.

KristofDeHulsters

Quote from: brahmzxc on July 09, 2021, 07:59:57 AM
Also when I switch to GPU Mode it says Shader Cutaway is not supported in GPU mode.

If you press H while in Keyshot you should get a HUD that constantly shoes you at what render samples you are. In order to determine how many samples I need I take the region where it's too grainy, and look at the sample count go up until it gets to result I am happy with. Then you know you should set the image to that sample amount to reach the crisp image.

In regards to the cutaway material: that's normal Keyshot has already said that the cutaway material doesn't want to work on GPU. I would for that render the actual cutaway part on the CPU while render everything else on GPU and then compile it in Photoshop.

Good luck!