KeyShot 3 Material Online Library

Started by Blunk, November 28, 2011, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathonbrugal

Quote from: dmcm on January 27, 2012, 03:49:24 AM
some more fabrics would be great, like a standard canvas and some more technical fabrics like found on suitcases, rucksacks and sports shoes. for now i will experiment building my own.

I would second that. But when will the website be ready? Anyone knows?

guest84672

It is very easy to create these materials yourself. All you need is a high quality scan of the material. You can use one of the existing materials as guidance, and apply the textures accordingly.

tibet

hi,

this would be an excellent idea to create keyshot material library!

any good news about new materials?

Thanks !

unorthodoxdesign

We definitely need an online resource.. KeyShot seems great for rendering metal, but if you want wood or fabric or plastic that's not gloss or matte... SolidWorks has more variety of materials than KeyShot. Downloadable material packages and online sharing resource please!

I mean for the price I'm paying for pro they should be included already :P

As the post at the top of the page said.. fabric, canvas, cotton etc. PLEASE!

guest84672

Have you looked at KeyShot 3 yet? It contains over 700 materials. Also, materials are extremely easy to create yourself. Simply modify one of the existing textures by applying a new color map -done.

tibet

Quote from: Thomas Teger on February 27, 2012, 01:02:00 PM
Have you looked at KeyShot 3 yet? It contains over 700 materials. Also, materials are extremely easy to create yourself. Simply modify one of the existing textures by applying a new color map -done.

hi thomas,
you're right, this program with over  700 hundreds materials is amazing !
i think, that unorthodoxdesign doesn't meant to disrespect you or your work :o
we are always pushed by time, so we need to finish our projects in very short time, so it's hard to get free time when you need to  create a new material in a seconds.
when you get bad day, you spill your coffee over keyboard and finally delete some of  your materials from the library, you're  fuc**d up.
when  bad things happen you have no way to download them immediately, you have to wait for customer service.
this may be also the reason, why online free material library/warehouse could be a good idea, because you can get it,
when you need it, and finaly  people  can even share  their unique materials with others.
thanks for stopping by 

dave nicoll

Quote from: tibet on February 29, 2012, 01:26:32 AM
Quote from: Thomas Teger on February 27, 2012, 01:02:00 PM

hi thomas,
you're right, this program with over  700 hundreds materials is amazing !
i think, that unorthodoxdesign doesn't meant to disrespect you or your work :o
we are always pushed by time, so we need to finish our projects in very short time, so it's hard to get free time when you need to  create a new material in a seconds.
when you get bad day, you spill your coffee over keyboard and finally delete some of  your materials from the library, you're  fuc**d up.
when  bad things happen you have no way to download them immediately, you have to wait for customer service.
this may be also the reason, why online free material library/warehouse could be a good idea, because you can get it,
when you need it, and finaly  people  can even share  their unique materials with others.
thanks for stopping by 

Anything that will increase the process of rendering scenes would be welcome. As far as missing textures Maple, Plywood, Walnut, Teak, More fabrics, more plastic textures, more illuminated textures..... Yes it is easy to make materials if you have endless cash for arroway texture DVD's and the like. You are also competing with programs like 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema 4d, MODO 601 and they have smoking material libraries.

guest84672

I understand your concerns. There are plenty of resources out there that provide high quality textures free of charge or for a nominal fee - www.cgtextures.com.

We will get there.

Blunk

Ok guys! I see a lot of people in the comunity that wants to share and to discover new materias packages with custom textures, and so on, for Keyshot 3!
I have something up already, right now under development and dont want to push it to the world until its ready.

If you have materials to share please start sending them and I will start fill up the database.
Would apreciate donations for domain and hosting.

If you wish you can also tell some feature request or domain name alternatives!
Its definitely a project by the community for the community!

Contact me by PM :D

rmaranto

why dont we make a google drive account and post user and password to upload materials

????????