Label Unable To Use Glass Materials?

Started by bgv2021, December 16, 2021, 09:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgv2021

Howdy!  I was playing around with trying to use a label and give it a sandblast/etched appearance effect.  I came into difficulty because I can't just add a "frosted glass" material directly to a label.  I can add metals and other materials but it seems glass materials are unable to be dragged onto a label.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

https://ibb.co/vJF4g1t

INNEO_MWo

You can use a dielectric material instead of glass and drive the roughness with the graphic. This would solve this case. In older posts we talked about frosted glass with gradient. The forum search should find examples.

TGS808

Try the Plastic/Clear/Rough material. That can be added as a label and will give you a similar look to frosted glass.

bgv2021

Quote from: TGS808 on December 16, 2021, 11:34:04 AM
Try the Plastic/Clear/Rough material. That can be added as a label and will give you a similar look to frosted glass.

Thank you!  I regret the delay on my response.  The board never notified me on a response.

I did notice that the clear plastic and white plastic worked better but didn't give that textured/frosted characteristic (like actual etching).

TGS808

Quote from: bgv2021 on January 15, 2022, 09:18:46 AM
Quote from: TGS808 on December 16, 2021, 11:34:04 AM

Thank you!  I regret the delay on my response.  The board never notified me on a response.

I did notice that the clear plastic and white plastic worked better but didn't give that textured/frosted characteristic (like actual etching).

I was thinking something like the attached KSP. See if that works.