Is there a way to go back to "Previous View" in KeyShot like in SolidWorks?

Started by cbecks, May 05, 2022, 01:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbecks

I'm using the "Free Camera" and spinning it around to find a great view.
I see one camera angle, it looks good.
Then I move the camera to another angle, it looks bad.
How can I go back to exactly the previous camera angle?

In SolidWorks there is a function called "Undo View Change" which I map to keyboard hot keys.
I can move the camera say 3 times. Then hit Undo View Change and can step back to each previous view if I want.

Anindo Ghosh

Camera movement undo support can be enabled in preferences.

If you mean a separate undo stack just for camera movements, that has been under discussion on these forums since at least 2014 (https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=7927.0), but I don't think it's there yet.

mattjgerard

Shift-N rotates through cameras as well, but does NOT include the free cam. I wish they treated the free cam just like the created and saved cams, but its a bit of an outlier. I will usually set my camera angle and not lock it, then I can use that cam to move around, and made the R key to reset that camera in the keyboard shortcuts.

TGS808

Quote from: cbecks on May 05, 2022, 01:23:07 PM

At that point, stop and click the new camera button. Doesn't take long to do and doesn't cost any extra. You can always delete it later if you don't want it.

cbecks

Quote from: Anindo Ghosh on May 05, 2022, 09:19:21 PM
Camera movement undo support can be enabled in preferences.
Thanks Anindo. Exactly what I was looking for.

Quote from: Anindo Ghosh on May 05, 2022, 09:19:21 PM
If you mean a separate undo stack just for camera movements, that has been under discussion on these forums since at least 2014 (https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=7927.0), but I don't think it's there yet.
Your workaround will be fine for now. But this would be a nice bonus.

mattjgerard

Quote from: TGS808 on May 06, 2022, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: cbecks on May 05, 2022, 01:23:07 PM

At that point, stop and click the new camera button. Doesn't take long to do and doesn't cost any extra. You can always delete it later if you don't want it.

I do this constantly. end up with a dozen or so cameras, and then pick the best. Its the workflow that works for now. Just wish they would beef up the keyboard short cut options so that could be an Fkey.