Any interior or exhibit designers using KeyShot?

Started by hdstudio, May 12, 2010, 08:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

Please, is that the real time is still grainy with V4?

DriesV

No, that's my plaster wall texture... ;D
This was rendered with advanced mode. Rest assured, surfaces are crispy clear. ;)

Dries

fario

no no no ... :)
I'm talking about rendering "real time" which was very slow and grainy in V3.

I'd like to know if it has been improved in V4.

DriesV

Ooooh...aaaah... ::)

I haven't timed it yet, but I feel that in certain scenarios there is a big improvement.
E.g. when working with the new local lights in KS4 vs emissive material in KS3.
E.g. translucent material (HUGE improvement both in speed, quality, usability, behavior...)

Dries

fario

DriesV

Updated with radiator mounted on wall.
I should leave this scene alone now.  :P

Dries

fario

a little test with the scene from Ivan.

Keyshot V.4, je t aime! :-* :-* :-*

Antoine

DriesV

Nice twist, Antoine! ;)

Btw...

Does anybody know a free/paid resource(s) for quality modern interior models/scenes (fully textured) that can be imported in KeyShot?
Something like http://www.evermotion.org/modelshop/show_category/archinteriors/104, but in a 3D format that KeyShot can use.

I posted a request about this already here: http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,5281.0.html.

Dries

TpwUK

alal0023

Hei! You`ve done some amazing stuff with keyshot! I love it and wish I could do the same! I have built a scene, but have no idea how to render it like in the image. Can someone help me?

alal0023

And the first decent result on lighting. There are still things to work out. Any suggestions? Would love to learn more tips and tricks.

feher

I have downloaded your scene.
I'm working on setting this up for you. I will give you the KSP back so you can open it and see what I did.
Tim

Josh3D

Thanks for sharing the scene. With the materials, this is looking great, imo. Looking forward to what everyone shares.

alal0023

Would be great to see your take on the scene. Please, if you have downloaded it and worked upon it, share it back and explain a bit what you have done. I want to see where I have made a mistake and what can I improve.

//Cheers!
Alex

feher

Hi Alex,
Here is a test render of your interior. I did do some post work.
I'm rendering a final shot of this right now I will post the final image in the next few days. I just wanted to show you what is possible.
The first thing I did was adjust the scale of the model. The IES lights that were in the bip you supplied were bigger then the model. I also changed the Scene Units to Centimeters.
The ceiling lights are Area light diffuse. You were using IES lights. I also added on IES light by the sinks to get more light towards the back of the Bathroom. I re did all materials. I noticed all the materials on your bip were set at 9 samples. I recommend at least 32 samples on the materials itself. I will post the final BIP/KSP once I button everything up.
Tim