The Big KS3.1 Raves Topic

Started by PhilippeV8, March 08, 2012, 11:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Haven't seen any feedback on 3.1 on the forum yet ... guess everyone's still out playing with it ?

I just did a quick check of the HDR editor ... awesomeneesssssssss !! :)
Just wondering, I never had HDRLightStudio ... what can HDRLS do more than KS now ?

Arnaud

Yes, HDR editor is a great feature. Thanks Luxion team

Tim

Luxion Team - Great work on 3.1.  I also love the HDRI editor.
Keep working on performance improvements.  I am still not back to the FPS of KS 2 but it did get better between 3.0 and 3.1.
Thank you,
Tim

guest84672

Thanks guys! Performance is getting better especially now on a many CPU system. It is almost the same as KS 2.

As far as as the HDR editor goes, our focus is on quick editing of HDRIs - hue, saturation, colorization, and manipulation lighting using the pin system. HDRLight Studio is a full-features HDRI creator allowing you to create HDRIs from scratch.

jhiker

Quote from: Thomas Teger on March 09, 2012, 06:07:26 AM

As far as as the HDR editor goes, our focus is on quick editing of HDRIs - hue, saturation, colorization, and manipulation lighting using the pin system. HDRLight Studio is a full-features HDRI creator allowing you to create HDRIs from scratch.
Had a quick play this morning - seems to work very well - thanks!

PhilippeV8

Ah, I understand better now.

I'll be making a total black HDR file soon.  This editor is nice for me to control sun position in function of shadow control.

Is the "tilt" environement option being worked on ?  That should be nice to have as well.

On the performance note: I used to have 12 fps (KS3) on this machine, now I got 12.5 (KS3.1) ... I have 20 on KS2 ..........

guest84672

Re: tilt. Yes that is under development.

Re: Performance. That is not good. Can you share the scene so we can take a look?

PhilippeV8

The scene is the default camera which is used for the benchtest.

guest84672

The camera scene is one of those scenes that performs slower than others when compared between 2 and 3. But definitely not 40% slower. I see about 20% difference. It is close to identical on many CPU systems (24 cores and up)

Ed

... "Re: tilt.  Yes that is under development."

I hope environment tilt will not be just for the Pro users 8)   The better your customer's renders look, the better KeyShot looks :)

Ed

CAClark

I just want to add a big high 5 to the team. KS3.1 is a real pleaser. The new features so far are great, and the HDR editing is just blinding.

Cheers!

guest84672

Glad you like it - thanks CAClark!

PhilippeV8

I have some time at work to play with animation ... is it possible to get a time limited trail licence ?  Do I contact sales via e-mail for this ?  Thnx!

caden2010

Just wanted to say thanks for adding the 'material templates'. After watching the seminar on Tuesday I actually had a use for templates this morning. Saved me several hours. All the original colours/textures transferred to the updated model perfectly.

Brilliant!!!

guest84672

Very nice. Retain materials may do the same thing for you, btw, if you are just updating an existing model.