Main Menu

My renders

Started by pionier, April 20, 2012, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pionier

Hi all,

I've been lucky to get extended trial version of KeyShot from luxion (thanks guys!) and I would like to share with you my first results.
I'll do my best to make more images before my trial end :) 

both models are made by my girlfriend, she's also 3D artist (she used marvelous designer for modeling process)

edit: HDR Light Studio live plug-in was used for lighting.

thanks,
Peter

tsunami

Superb models and nice renders!!! compliments! it's a pity that nobody shares scene models and how they set lights on it, because a lot of keyshot users could improves with it..

trice1

Yes, very good models and renders.

pionier

thanks you!

@tsunami, If you want to know something more about how the scene was lit, ask here :)

in the meantime I did quick render, get inspiration from creative i-trigue 3400 speakers.
I made that model few weeks ago when I've been playing with Groboto software.

again, HDR Light Studio used for lighting

good night :)

peter.

tsunami

Quote from: pionier on April 21, 2012, 02:58:47 PM
thanks you!

@tsunami, If you want to know something more about how the scene was lit, ask here :)

in the meantime I did quick render, get inspiration from creative i-trigue 3400 speakers.
I made that model few weeks ago when I've been playing with Groboto software.

good night :)

peter.
Hi Peter, yes i would like to know about your light setup on keyshot and how u setup material...is that possible?
What kind of environment ? thanks
Regards

dvnc9

hi peter, really awesome renderings!

im agree with tsunami that i really wonder your setup of the light and materials,
sometime i always get a tricky model but the final renderings are lack of impressiveness. :-\

&,really marvelous modeling! :)

Josh3D

Without a doubt Peter. absolutely incredible!

nav123

The first one is just Amazing!

guest84672

Truly wonderful - can you share an image of the plain geometry?

pionier

Quote from: dvnc9 on April 22, 2012, 03:05:13 AM

im agree with tsunami that i really wonder your setup of the light and materials,
sometime i always get a tricky model but the final renderings are lack of impressiveness. :-\

I don't think that screensshot from HDR Light Studio will help you a lot guys, I would say is more about know where to place the light and why. There is nothing amazing in my lighting setup, two lights from back, one main light from top, simple gradient ramp as a background. As for the materials, it's one of the fabric material that comes with Keyshot library but with bump/spec and diffuse made by Ania.

Quote from: Thomas Teger on April 24, 2012, 09:23:50 AM

sure, have a look at attached image.

thanks all for c&c and posting in on your Blog and FB :)!

peter.

tsunami

Quote from: pionier on April 24, 2012, 02:26:08 PM
Quote from: dvnc9 on April 22, 2012, 03:05:13 AM

I don't think that screensshot from HDR Light Studio will help you a lot guys, I would say is more about know where to place the light and why. There is nothing amazing in my lighting setup, two lights from back, one main light from top, simple gradient ramp as a background. As for the materials, it's one of the fabric material that comes with Keyshot library but with bump/spec and diffuse made by Ania.

Quote from: Thomas Teger on April 24, 2012, 09:23:50 AM

sure, have a look at attached image.

thanks all for c&c and posting in on your Blog and FB :)!

peter.
Ah ok, sorry but i didn't understand that you used hdri  light studio, because on keyshot is not possible to set light as u did two lights from back, one main light from top and get that effect, ..
Thanks pioner

guest84672

The combination of using a standard HDRI we ship with KeyShot and the HDRI editor in the Pro version will allow you to do this ...

feher

These look fantastic !!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

pionier

hello,

here are my two watches for KeyShot contest,
side by side :)

thanks,
peter

Shooter

Hey Peter,

Out of all "stylish" versions of the watch, i like your combo of the color/materials and overall feeling of the image the best (i'm speaking about Keyshot watch). Since the contest is closed, guess i can give some comments..... on the left side of the watch you have a tiny black line that is broken on several places (aliasing issue) and it really gives away that this is the rendering. Please don't get me wrong, your compositing workflow is pretty much the same thing i do in VFX industry (everything in separate passes, matID, lightwrap, CC etc) but this is the only part of the img that needs more attention.

Your renderings of the cloth are truly remarkable and i like them a lot, Adidas is my favorite one :)

All the best,
Voya